What are you listening to?

CaptainSwoop

• Supporters

I've been hooked on Alter Bridge's 3rd album (ABIII, imaginative or what?), and their guitarist's solo album (All I Was) for months.

Their 4th album (Fortress) was just released and I'm trying to like it, but I just don't. The only track I'm enjoying is 'Waters Rising', because the guitarist is on lead vocals and it reminds me of his ultra epic solo album stuff. I'm actually starting to prefer him over the actual vocalist.

Mark Tremonti is the guitarist btw, Myles Kennedy is the vocalist; he's fairly famous from also being in Creed, and doing quite a lot of work with other musicians, Slash being one to note.

Lindsey Stirling's solo album caught my attention a while ago as well, I'm finding that fairly epic. Which is weird considering my music taste is largely hard rock, nu metal and heavy metal type stuff. But I've been thinking of trying to do an airsoft video montage around 'Moon Trance' but I don't understand YouTube's stupid copyright policies well enough to risk it just getting removed.

At the moment i've been playing I'm Yours by Jason Mraz on the guitar for a bazillion hours a day (16 is the record to beat) and it has hooked to my head. I started playing it for that special someone i'm into, she really likes it.

But some of the time I listen to Wake me up when september ends and 21 guns by green day, a bit of linkin park, a bit of breaking benjamin.

Most songs I play on the guitar are sad songs.....

Also, Little Talks by Of Monster and Men has caught my attention quite a bit... it's quite... unique...

• Supporters

I've been hooked on Alter Bridge's 3rd album (ABIII, imaginative or what?), and their guitarist's solo album (All I Was) for months.

Their 4th album (Fortress) was just released and I'm trying to like it, but I just don't. The only track I'm enjoying is 'Waters Rising', because the guitarist is on lead vocals and it reminds me of his ultra epic solo album stuff. I'm actually starting to prefer him over the actual vocalist.

Mark Tremonti is the guitarist btw, Myles Kennedy is the vocalist; he's fairly famous from also being in Creed, and doing quite a lot of work with other musicians, Slash being one to note.

Lindsey Stirling's solo album caught my attention a while ago as well, I'm finding that fairly epic. Which is weird considering my music taste is largely hard rock, nu metal and heavy metal type stuff. But I've been thinking of trying to do an airsoft video montage around 'Moon Trance' but I don't understand YouTube's stupid copyright policies well enough to risk it just getting removed.

Tremonti is awesome. Love his solo album.

I've been giving some pretty heavy rotation to the new Carcass album Surgical Steel. Probably a bit heavy for most people....

• Supporters

The first thing I did when I left school was listen to that :P

A mix of badass music on top of awesome fighter pilot training footage:

If you don't enjoy this, you have a problem with your manhood gland.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Supporters

I 'kin love this track :lol: