Hi Everyone

Hank_UK
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi Everyone,

I'm seriously considering getting into airsoft and would like some advice please.

I live in Derby and would be grateful if someone could recommend a good airsoft club local to me?

Also I was considering getting a SCAR as my first gun and I'm not sure whether to get a GBB or an AEG version.

I've been looking at a WE GBB version and AEG versions from Dboys and VFC.

What should I go for, and in particular will the GBB be any good in our wondeful weather?

Cheers

Hank_UK

• AF-UK Founding Member

Welcome to the forums :)

http://www.airsoftmap.net/UK/Skirmish - is the best place to find somewhere near you.

We usually recommend getting UKARA which enables you to buy an RIF pretty easily and would suggest going with an AEG for your first gun, simply because they are normally less hastle.

Hope this helps.

Hey mate, one of the best sites near you is Matlock Combat Games. Great fun with a great honest crew!!!

I'd lay off the GBB M4's and such like if your a noob mate, Best off Buying a decent AEG once your UKARA Registered so you don't have to defile it with bright paint!!! Can't go wrong with a decent Classic Army or ICS weapon mate.

Dboys can be very Unpredictable and VFC weapons are soooo ###### expensive (worth every penny in my book though). There are so many different styles from Classic Army or ICS you'll be picking in the shops for ages!!!

I still spend 2-3 hours everytime i shop for a new weapon!!!!

Martin

Welcome to the forums :)

http://www.airsoftmap.net/UK/Skirmish - is the best place to find somewhere near you.

We usually recommend getting UKARA which enables you to buy an RIF pretty easily and would suggest going with an AEG for your first gun, simply because they are normally less hastle.

Hope this helps.

Hi Devastator,

Thanks for the info and advice, much appreciated.

I'm going to get in touch with the airsoft site in Matlock, which is not too far from me.

Also I'll take your advice about an AEG, I've been looking at some pretty cheap G36's, which a lot of people tend to recommend as a first gun.

Cheers

Hank_UK

Hey mate, one of the best sites near you is Matlock Combat Games. Great fun with a great honest crew!!!

I'd lay off the GBB M4's and such like if your a noob mate, Best off Buying a decent AEG once your UKARA Registered so you don't have to defile it with bright paint!!! Can't go wrong with a decent Classic Army or ICS weapon mate.

Dboys can be very Unpredictable and VFC weapons are soooo ###### expensive (worth every penny in my book though). There are so many different styles from Classic Army or ICS you'll be picking in the shops for ages!!!

I still spend 2-3 hours everytime i shop for a new weapon!!!!

Martin

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the info and advice. I'm going to get in touch with the guys at Matlock and get my UKARA registration, so I won't be getting one of those bright painted guns!!!!

I've read that a lot of people recommend a G36C as a first gun and I've seen some pretty cheap ones from SRC and JG. I wonder which one of those two you would recommend?

Cheers

Mark

• AF-UK Founding Member

You'll find it pretty hard to get your hands on a new JG one now so you're best off just going with the SRC, there really isn't anything in it and should be good for you.

You'll find it pretty hard to get your hands on a new JG one now so you're best off just going with the SRC, there really isn't anything in it and should be good for you.

Hi Devastator,

Thanks for the info.

I've been in touch with the guys at Phoenix Airsoft and Matlock Combat Games, both sites were very friendly and helpful and i've booked to go to Phoenix on 21/07/10 and Matclock on 28/07/10. As Phoenix also have a date on the 22nd, I might even go to that too, and I'll be able to be registered after the game on the 28th.

As I've got the bit between my teeth, I'm going to go to my local army surplus and get some Camo tomorrow.

Cheers

Mark

• Supporters
Just as a heads up - it's no less than 3 games in no less than 2 months for UKARA.

and at the same site ;)

Archived