Chargers?

Callum Lol
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I know most chargers have a voltage limit, but does anyone know what happens if you use a too low voltage charger? (e.g a 9.6v battery on a 7.2v charger)

I assume it just damages your battery, but does anyone know the proper answer? :)

• AF-UK Founding Member

Well I don't really know but I don't see why you'd bother if you knew it didn't meet requirements (you'd have to have a really crap charger for it not to, I mean nearly all are 12v based from what I know which means charging up to 10 cells is no problem).

From what I can figure you're more likely to just blow the charger than the battery but I really don't know. You can pick up smart chargers so cheap these days which have no problem with different voltages I just can't see someone doing this :lol:

• AF-UK Founding Member

The biggest mistake people make with chargers is charging over 1C, i.e sticking your 1500mah battery on a charge rate of 1.6A or higher, with LiPo's especially this can mean a nasty fire.

Haha, yeah my mate did that he completly forgot he left his battery on charge and left it for like 23 hours and it was completly dead after XD

Although it was a s***ty battery to start with. Lol. :)

Archived