Owning Rif's without a UKARA number

Justaguy
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

think il just get this ucrap thing sorted, so i can go off and play in peace...lol

it aint crap, it makes me want to aim to get something :)

it aint crap, it makes me want to aim to get something :)

you would think it was crap if you lived 950ft above sea level in the back of beyond and the nearest skirmish is about 100 miles away and your mode of transport is a mitsy l200 4x4!!!!! hassle m8 bloody hassle

you would think it was crap if you lived 950ft above sea level in the back of beyond and the nearest skirmish is about 100 miles away and your mode of transport is a mitsy l200 4x4!!!!! hassle m8 bloody hassle

oh well then yes, but in that case, just use two tone guns all the time, put camo tape or something on every time you want to play wiv ya mates then? much easier for you

oh well then yes, but in that case, just use two tone guns all the time, put camo tape or something on every time you want to play wiv ya mates then? much easier for you

might just go down the 2 tone road saves a lot of bother, mad to think back in 2002 when i started i was using public land but the police knew what i was doing though and worked with em to show em what the sport was about didnt have any bother whatsoever

• Supporters

I think its crap that the government put this system in so we can continue playing airsoft, yeah c'mon guys (I hope you sensed my sarcasm)

Respect the system, UKARA or no airsoft i know which one i would i would go with,

Yes you need to be 18 its the law and ranting and raving about it isn't going to change anything.

I think its crap that the government put this system in so we can continue playing airsoft, yeah c'mon guys (I hope you sensed my sarcasm)

Respect the system, UKARA or no airsoft i know which one i would i would go with,

Yes you need to be 18 its the law and ranting and raving about it isn't going to change anything.

this is the problem with people who make these rules from behind a desk they dont see the whole picture, i would of thought a type of gun license would of been the best road to go down instead of getting people to run down the skirmish site and back again and enroll

• Supporters

I think its great, to a member of the public that KWA M9 is F(&^*** real, getting people to go back and forth gets them into the game and with things like the safe zone and when a member of the public comes on site they can understand the respect for weapons.

Yes a lot of people are mature but those people didnt get us into the whole 2 tone business anyway.

again its just a case of the minority

I think its great, to a member of the public that KWA M9 is F(&^*** real, getting people to go back and forth gets them into the game and with things like the safe zone and when a member of the public comes on site they can understand the respect for weapons.

Yes a lot of people are mature but those people didnt get us into the whole 2 tone business anyway.

again its just a case of the minority

yeah fair comment i guess

• 2 weeks later...

there is something that im not understanding at all.

So, UKARA approved, in a nutshell is only used to buy guns and not related to the fact of owning a gun or not.

I already own several RIFs. I am not UKARA sorted. Can I bring them over here and play with them without the authorities screwing w/ me?

• Supporters

Importing any RIF is banned under the VCRA.

The wording of the law states that you cannot Import for any reason, save one of the specific defences.

By bringing them into the country, you would in my mind be importing them.

Thus, you need a skirmishers defence. UKARA is often enough, however, if you do not have UKARA, there are other things you could use to prove you're a skirmisher, things like photographs at sites you have played, testimony from site managers etc. UKARA is not the be all and end all, it is simply a tool to streamline the process of purchasing and to cover the rear-ends of official retailers. I am a skirmisher, I can avail myself of the defence, I just don't have UKARA.

The key thing here, for me, is the definition of "importing", as in, does it apply only to commercial importing, or does simply bringing something into the country count.

Just my two-pence.

Archived