Shopping in general

Wulfstan
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi,

I'm new to this board and new to airsoft, but I'm getting there slowly. Currently, and after lots of re-reading AI mag, I've finally got some ideas on what type of Load Out that I want. Getting to this stage was bad enough, actually buying the kit is becoming a real chore.

So far I've managed to purchase a pair of Magnum Panther boots, a set of Oakley gloves and today a set of Viper kneepads. That experience has been so, so but ok in general. I've now moved on to getting clothing, which is becoming a real joy :(

Currently I'm looking to purchase a VIPER Special OPS Shirt and my experience in sourcing this carries across to everything I've looked at in one way or another.

• You find a site that sells them, but only in one size

• You find a site that sells them, but out of stock

• You find a site that sells them, but no size chart

• A XXL VIPER Special OPS Shirt on one site fits one set measurements, it's a different set of measurements for that size on another site

• The price looks ok, but when you go to pay for it you find that VAT wasn't included

• You have to go through filling loads of information to then find that the postage now makes it more expensive than the other site you looked at

• You have to fill out a load of information to get a final price based on cost of item & p+p

• You have to register with the site to make a purchase, then apply option above, to get a final price / pay for the item

Surely it can't be too hard to make sure you have a chart size information page or a shopping basket that gives you a final price, without you having to spend 5 minutes entering loads of information. To then find out it's more than you want to pay.

Or is it just me? Am I expecting too much?

• AF-UK Founding Member

I'd recommend you PM "Army Surplus 365" on here and he should be able to sort you out - he's a great guy.

Other than that if your finding the websites confusing just find the contact number and give them a call, if they aren't very helpful then you can just pass them off, however I'm sure they'll want your business what with the current situation.

• 10 months later...
So far I've managed to purchase a pair of Magnum Panther boots, a set of Oakley gloves and today a set of Viper kneepads. That experience has been so, so but ok in general. I've now moved on to getting clothing, which is becoming a real joy :(

I'm new to all this as well and have just picked up a Classic Army Sport Line M4. I'm in the market for some boots now - how did you find the Magnum Panthers??

Feel your pain, the number of sites that list guns / gear they dont actually have at the moment. Would I like to register all my details and then get an email when (if) they get them in stock. 300 items in store, maybe 30 actually on the shelves if you can be bothered to wade through.

Still keeps me busy nosing around (and winds the wife up something cronic that I always got my nose burried in the laptop)

but if any shops out there reading, please give us a search for in stock only! (I know some sites do, but its even on those well hidden)

http://www.meanandgreen.com/army/Viper/Vip...t/310/2298.html

mean and green have them in stock.

magnum panthers

http://www.cadetkitshop.com/magnum-panther plenty of other places, just googled them!

I am pretty sure Zero one would have some clothing in stock. There are also some quite good army surplus shops in Bournemouth, one on Holdenhurst road near the Boscombe end if I remember correctly as its been a while since I lived round that way.

There are some websites which have everything pictured, but nothing in stock, but come up on search engines. Lots of stuff on ebay, but you have to factor in shipping and possibally import duty if buying from outside of EU. Basically if you are after something, sometimes the best place to ask is on forums like this and some helpful sole will stick in the 5p worth and let you know theri experiences

Archived