New to Airsoft... Game site rules/weapon limitations?

PeteJC21
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi,

I am fairly new to airsoft... I've played a few 1 on 1 games with a mate when I was in the army, but never at a proper airsoft site.

Can anyone point me to some topics on here (or provide the info) on common rules that are in place across most game sites. I'm specifically looking for rules/laws on weapon types and max. fps power for AEG and gas pistols.

I have an AEG M4, not sure of its power though. I'd also like to get a CO2 gas 6mm pistol. I read somewhere that most sites wouldn't allow a CO2 gun though, is this true?

Regards,

Pete

Hi,

I am fairly new to airsoft... I've played a few 1 on 1 games with a mate when I was in the army, but never at a proper airsoft site.

Can anyone point me to some topics on here (or provide the info) on common rules that are in place across most game sites. I'm specifically looking for rules/laws on weapon types and max. fps power for AEG and gas pistols.

I have an AEG M4, not sure of its power though. I'd also like to get a CO2 gas 6mm pistol. I read somewhere that most sites wouldn't allow a CO2 gun though, is this true?

Regards,

Pete

most sites operate a 350 fps limitation on aegs some 300 on indoors. sniper rifles are generally 450fps-500fps and a 20-30meter engagement radius. not to sure on the co02 i think it depends if the gun is already a high fps with c02 then no but if its low then yes i think. for realistic imitation firearms you need to be 18+ with a UKARA registration (play 3 games at one site and then ask them to register you for one) otherwise you can get a "2tone gun" one which is made clearly not a realistic firearm but still need to be 18+. hope this helps not to sure if it does but i tried :P

most sites operate a 350 fps limitation on aegs some 300 on indoors. sniper rifles are generally 450fps-500fps and a 20-30meter engagement radius. not to sure on the co02 i think it depends if the gun is already a high fps with c02 then no but if its low then yes i think. for realistic imitation firearms you need to be 18+ with a UKARA registration (play 3 games at one site and then ask them to register you for one) otherwise you can get a "2tone gun" one which is made clearly not a realistic firearm but still need to be 18+. hope this helps not to sure if it does but i tried :P

Thanks for the info Hatchet. I read somewhere that although I cannot by a RIF myself, someone can lend me one to use. The one I currently own I purchased before the 2-tone rules came into effect, so not sure if I am still able to use that?

The main thing I'm trying to find out is this CO2 gun business, as legally I think can buy one (I think they are classed as Air Guns and don't come under the UKARA related laws???). But I dont want to buy one if no site will let me use CO2 guns. The one I am after claims to fire at 116m/s, which I think is about 380 fps. Too powerful I fear?

Pete

I just found the manual for it, thought it was lost. It was a cheapie job sent to northern ireland for a few games with a mate. Its a BOYI m4. Found a few sites that still sell it. I broke the UGL bit (which was crap anyway) when I butt stroke him :(

http://www.laroysairsoft.com/BOYI_BIM4_Ser..._p/boyi3181.htm

They say 250fps with .2g Is this going to be too weak for airsoft?

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/reviewpost/...s-bim203/cat/16

This guy reckons its closer to 280fps.

I just found the manual for it, thought it was lost. It was a cheapie job sent to northern ireland for a few games with a mate. Its a BOYI m4. Found a few sites that still sell it. I broke the UGL bit (which was crap anyway) when I butt stroke him :(

http://www.laroysairsoft.com/BOYI_BIM4_Ser..._p/boyi3181.htm

They say 250fps with .2g Is this going to be too weak for airsoft?

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/reviewpost/...s-bim203/cat/16

This guy reckons its closer to 280fps.

my ak which i used for 3 years fires at 250-260fps great gun so i dont think it will be too weak :) and you could always look into getting it upgraded and because it was before ukara law it is totally fine to use :)

Ok thanks! Also only got 1 80(ish) round mag for it, as the hi-cap mag it came with jammed (spring).

Anyone know if CO2 handguns are widely accepted on gaming sites? Is the max weapon power (fps) the same for all weapon types (handsguns, gas handguns, AEG rifles, shotguns etc..)?

Pete

yer anything which is capible of semi or full auto fire will have a restriction of 350fps but its best to check with your site before hand

Would something like this... http://www.sportsmk.co.uk/item/542/ be easy to tune down a bit. I think its rated about 380fps. Can it be dropped to 350 easily?

No because you can only use CO2 canisters and not ayn other type of gas

My dont you just look at a differnt pistol?? cose this one will cause you more troblem then good

Well i dont really see a point in having a back-up weapon that shoots over 380 fps!?

the idea of the pistol if for CQB kills and for a back-up

You carnt use a 380FPS pistol as a CQB kill gun you may as well point blank him in the face with your primary!!

And if your Primary dose go down you wont get the same accuracy with a pistol anyway i mean even trained shooters with .22 etc can only shoot effectivly at what 50 yards?? (only a quick guess) but chances are your not going to be holding off the whole team with a pistol anyway

I have only had to use my back-up for CQB kills as my primary is a little to hot and ATM i have got a 30m MID

I mean you could still not listen to me and it wont effect me but if you do buy it and not be able to use it you will be £70 out of pocket and TBH i dought anyone will buy it second hand due to this problem

Down my site they dont even bother cronoing that gun there just not alowed on site full stop

But oh well that is just my opinion

Jack

No because you can only use CO2 canisters and not ayn other type of gas

My dont you just look at a differnt pistol?? cose this one will cause you more troblem then good

Thanks for your input. Yeah I agree. Its my first time airsofting so I'll just use my AEG m4 and spring pistol for now until 1) I know whether I enjoy airsoft and want to play again and 2) I find a site that I would play at reguarly where the weapon I want will be accepted for use.

Other you're right, it could be £70 that I could've spent on something useful.

Hey In terms of UKARA registration do you have to play three games at the same site or can it be two different sites? i know the first and third game have to a two month split.

Hey In terms of UKARA registration do you have to play three games at the same site or can it be two different sites? i know the first and third game have to a two month split.

I think all three games at the same site. Between a minimum of 2 months and maximum 12 month period.

Archived