Don't You Hate Snipers

Baz JJ
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Tongue firmly in cheek.

Our squad had pushed well forward. The enemy were on the run.

My teammates just kept saying "mate, mate....mate".

Whaaaat I said, perplexed at their lack of vocabulary.

Suddenly out of my eyeline, a ghillie adorned sniper emerged from a ditch off to my left, tiptoed up to me from behind and stabbed me.

Bring back national service....give them some more words of description.

Why didn't they shoot him instead of staring, open mouthed....sheesh

• Supporters

Are you kidding? I love snipers.

90% of them are 12, have a bright orange gun and a wookie costume, you can see them for miles and they can't hit you until you're within the MED.

They're practically a free kill.

Are you kidding? I love snipers.

90% of them are 12, have a bright orange gun and a wookie costume, you can see them for miles and they can't hit you until you're within the MED.

They're practically a free kill.

unless you're at FFZ during the summer

• Supporters

unless you're at FFZ during the summer

If I'd known and understood the site better I think I'd have had a much better day. Have you seen my site review in the review section?

If I'd known and understood the site better I think I'd have had a much better day. Have you seen my site review in the review section?

yes I even replied to it

• Supporters

yes I even replied to it

Yeah, just realised after posting that comment lol.

I bloody love them. You get the JBBG bright orange 13 year olds almost every week wearing jeans and a hoodie, who think they can rush the objective and 'quickscope' everyone in sight. Like Ed said, free kills.

You do get a bit scared though when the odd decent sniper shows up with their quadrillion FPS beast...

I've never had problems with snipers in airsoft. Most of the time I'm just shot by normal AEGs from a good distance. It's snipers in video games is what I hate. How the heck can they get headshots that easily while both me and the sniper are moving sporadically??

• Supporters

As a newly minted sniper, I hope to be thoroughly despised :lol:

You love snipers when they are on your team dropping blokes. I had a fire team of two snipers and two aegs. Myself included in the aegs. We held off determined attacks and slowed down the entire enemy team whilst the rest of the team attacked them from behind. The snipers were invaluable at dropping people as they approached

• Supporters

"camping" is such an ugly word...

I prefer "tactical hiding".

I've never understood when playing BF3 mostly, why people endlessly accuse snipers of camping. It's what they do. They observe, wait and then when they're good and sure of a kill, they take the shot. Maybe people confuse snipers with being a squad's designated marksman.

Ive noticed that snipers at my regular site dont seem to wear armbands which may explain why my team mates hesitated to shoot him when he approached me.

I appreciate that it spoils their camo but do the snipers in your games where bands ?

Archived