gearbox locked up/not turning

cableguy95
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all

This has probably been askked numorous times and is probably in the wrong section but im desperate.

Basically i have put a silent piston and cylinder head into my gearbox but when i put the motor in it just wont turn the gears.

Im using a 7.4 lipo that is fully charged and the stock SRC torque motor which was all working fine before i took the gearbox apart.

However the gears will turn freely when the motor isnt in.

I have taken the gearbox apart about 5 times and rebuilt it changing little things but to no avail.

It is a 2nd gen SRC gearbox with upgraded gears, silent piston and cylinder head, metal spring guide and plastic bushings.

If anyone has any ideas as to the problem please let me know as i need it working for the NAE next friday.

Thanks

Cableguy95

Are you saying that the motor tries to turn but nothing happens?

Or does the motor turn the gears and then jams as the piston is being pulled back?

Do you have another motor to try as I had one fail. It worked under no load but couldnt turn when installed due to the springs load.

• Supporters

is the piston in the guides?

as a quick test, remove the piston and spring, then see if the gear box spins on the motor. this should eliminate the piston, if all is good, if not its something on the piston/spring.

• Supporters

It could be that the sector gear is jamming against the piston teeth b/c the angle of engagement isn't right. What version gearbox is it? I'm not sure how things are now but I remember seeing those silent sets and thinking "Excellent, that's what I need... oh, bollocks it's for Version 2 and I need V3... maybe it'll be ok... er, when i can afford to risk it not working."

Archived