Airsoft Failures

G-Force
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a week back we were messing around in my backyard (middle of nowhere, 2 acres), and somebody had brought down a can of red gas and decided to do a pistols only game. we all had a bit of fun, and then a mate of mine with a (unknown branded) M1911 braced and decided to fire at me, pulling the trigger the entire rear slide flew back and hit him full in the mouth. i remember crying with laughter, and seeing grown men rolling around complaining of stitches through fits of laughter only added.

lol - just doesn't put it across.

pulling the trigger the entire rear slide flew back and hit him full in the mouth.

Was he in pain after that? Or was it a plastic slide?

Atleast my SIGgy lobbed the slide forwards...

I got my rifle sling and webbing stuck on a tree once. Nearly strangled myself, because I didn't notice at the time...

• Supporters

Assaulting a hill single handedly, literally on some sort of ramboesque rampage of death and destruction, took out all the other team after my own side had been decimated (me and three others left out of fifteen, of which two needed a medic but were under fire and one was pinned down at the base of the hill). Got slaughtered from behind by an ex para whilst changing mag; he was the only guy I hadn't managed to take out D:

It wasn't in an airsoft game (haven't skirmished yet) but in a painball one.

We were defending a fort and someone threw a smoke into it so I picked it up tryed to throw it out but missed the window and ended hitting one of my own team mates with the grenade whihc then rolled under him and proceeded to choak him!!! :D

I have a paintball one i was geting shot at from everywhere so i started to run the ammo part on my gun poped open and it had about

100-200 bulets i lost them all the in the same game i ran to get to cover in a trench dived over a barrel and landed in it whislt it was full of water i was soked.

I have made a plan to not have an airsoft fail when i get my gun when its in stock

I've decided to move accross to airsoft aswell!!!

No fails in airsoft? you won't last long that way...

• 1 month later...

Was thinking if running an Epic Fail thread up with some stories from last week, but this thread has had me in stitches tonight, so thought it best just to tag on bottom.

We had so many in one night, all seem to have happened to everyone else so I dont feel so bad. Two specific fails stick in my mind, one mine, one another player but aimed at me so I get to tell it :)

Fail One: Check your settings

Scenario is who is closest to the flag when the whistle blows. Its early evening, and myself and some team mates are tucked up next to one of the houses within 2 meters of the flag. Good spot. One guy (good player) on the other team sneaks all the way to the building, bursts around the corner with us all in his sights and pulls and holds the trigger on his highly uprated M4... a single BB screams out and harmlessly hits the mud near us as we open up on him his comment is "*%@@* left it on single shot" followed by "ow ow ow oowww HIT!"

Fail Two: Check your targets

Same game, same location tucked in tight planning to sit it out. Already taken some fire from hut 1, which is behind and towards our respawn point, but this location has a great line of sight to it and I took em out no problem. Its a couple of minutes after this when one of my team mates comments "Reds in Hut 1". I should point out I am on the Red team. Prior to the game this great bloke spent some time helping me with some kit and explaining how my new sling should be worn / work. (Army bloke). He is now in Hut 1, he is also on the Red team.

So something in my brain forgets I am red, thinks bad guy Hut 1. I lean back, sight quickly expecting fire any moment and since I tend to run in semi mode fire a single round. My vision widens as I look to see where it went so I can correct and fire again if needed when I notice the union jack hat, and recognise my team mate, just as the 1 shot I fired smacks him perfectly in the forehead, dead center and sends him reeling with the comment "*&$%*&* SNIPERS!"...

My gun is not a sniper, neither am I, prob best shot I ever pulled off and it had to be someone on my own side! Luckily all the snipers were on the blue team, but I did tell him at the end it was me not them. Great bloke, he not only forgave me but lent me a spare mag for the following games. Although we did joke that I should change my union jack flags for a certain other country if I kept shooting my own side by mistake...

• 5 months later...

Sorry for the necropost guys, but with more time comes more failsofting and an awsome thread like this deserves CPR.

My story comes from the 'Airsoft Skirmish' woodland site in the midlands on a usual end of the month sunday:

It was the last few games of the day and the sun was starting to grow weary. In this paticular game, our team was tasked with holding the church (3 shaped wooden panels to make a roofless bunker/church) in 'the graveyard' area of the site. The Enemy respawned in the nearby thick coniferous woods and our team were not allowed any respawns.

The game went on until about 6-8 of us were left and had to retreat back to the small defensive church structure. The enemy were finding it difficult to overwhelm us and kept attacking in small groups to no avail. Eventually the enemy were able to supress the windows and firing points from several positions and small groups began to flank whilst our heads were kept down.

I spotted 3 flankers about 20-25 meters away and not being able to shoot from the window, decided to throw a grenade over the wooden panel. It was a fair distance to throw with all the gear on and i imagine alot of you have seen all too often grenades falling short of the target. I struck the head, took a few steps back and launched the grenade as hard as i could. SMACK.

The Ball type grenade hit the lip of the church so hard it split into two pieces, both landing slap bang in the middle of the 6 meter wide position. I froze up, gobsmacked as to what i had just done, fell on my ass and just stared at the pieces as the 6-8 members of my team carried on bravely defending the church, unaware of what i did. End Ex :rolleyes:

come on, lets keep the flame burning. (cpr song in background)

Bee Gees - Staying Alive???

• Supporters

That AD is the Reason why i think feck his name`s just escaped me... anyway is awesome!

I and my 6-Man squad (including me in the counting bit) once ambushed our own convoy and couldn`t get through to anyone on the convoy to tell them it was us because the battery ran out of juice in the main radio we were all linked too lol we knew it was our`s because they were our vehicle`s that were used.

Errr...

After getting lost, and finding some new players (1st timers), I ordered them to frag one of our own bunkers. Which was occupied at the time. And was trying to hold off an enemy attack.

I say 'ordered', I suggested they might like to attack the position, which they took as "charge!". And if you only have a team-ID band on one arm, not both, it's bound that something like that could happen...

Also, I have glasses, so poor sight. And, on top of that - I would have thought that common sense would indicate that when they got in range to lob pyro into the bunker, they might have noticed the lack of red-team players in the bunker...

Spotted a tree once

Called out "contact 9oclock 30m kneeling"

Got reply "yep, its a tree stump, cheers"

slipped trying to get out of ditches

arse over head going over metal bridges just lay there laughing

mag dropped out when went for chrono (tbh there was so much tinsel on the bloody thing I am surprised it got in the magwell.)

Lil brother called me on radio when he knew I was sneaking up on a position, little blighter

list goes on and on.

• Supporters

Small fail and quite a while ago, was kneeling down in a doorway shooting with my M4, then my pistol falls out its holster and onto the floor.

I look at it for a few seconds, look at the guy next to me then carry on firing. He then goes "that's your's mate". I didn't even recognise my own pistol.

Me, my mate and my step-dad were guarding this hill with a trench in the top of it. Me and my mate were sniping, step-dad had an AEG.

We were just picking off anyone who got within easy to hit range, doing really well.

Until just out of range, we see about 15-20 enemies gathering. In the next 2 minutes, they rushed us with AEGs - that hurt a lot!

In the process of being shot, I dropped my new pistol in thick sloppy mud.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

This one will have you all in stitch`s I was happily minding my own business shooting people when i find My AEG is out of Ammo so i switch to my G18 use the 21 round mag up on semi switch to Full Auto put the extended mag in pull the trigger and the slide blew off and hit me in the face = my dignity down the drain and me with a very funny mark on my face for 5 minute`s

haha my first and yet only time airsofting this guy will had gone round the back of the enemy team who where defending it took him like 15 mins to get there and i saw hime in this bush and thought arghh there's one! pap pap pap WHO THe HELL SHOT MEE THAT TOOK ME FOREVER TO GET THERE fail

was that at a place called fearful silence?

I did that a while back, snuck round crawling. went to half stand up and pull the trigger with safety on and got shot... remember shouting something along those lines haha

Tom

Archived