First Airsoft Game

Mr Enfield
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I am relatively new to airsoft and I was hoping that some more experianced players would be willing to share the details of their first airsoft skirmish.

I would also like to hear the opinions that experianced players have towards newer airsoft players and any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Best advice i found was to let them know you are a new player, listen to the regulars and if they take you under their wing, you will learn tonnes, really quickly.

Oh and dont forget to wind the high cap ;)

My first skirmish taught me a lot about airsofting, such as £20 pieces of sh*t by Double Eagle don't make good guns.

Try to get involved with the regulars and open up conversation and you'll be fine

If it's your first time, listen to experts on the field, don't be a jackass or try to indie by going your own way or get cocky, you'll only get lost and stir up trouble.

If it's your first time at the site, don't go alone. Just ask to follow someone around the battlefield like I did and if that player is hit, find another person.

If you are lost, just shout that you are lost, someone with a good will would look for you.

• Supporters

A lot of the time in my first skirmish experience was spent aimlessly wandering the bowels of the Malls in Reading shouting "dead man....completely lost"

Go with someone you know ideally someone that knows the site or just be friendly and chat to the others in the safe zone. When you respawn, find the nearest person on your team that looks like they know 1) what they're doing and 2) where they're going and tag along. It's a rare occasion that you'll end up with someone that doesn't want anyone tagging along with them especially if you don't act like a complete bell end.

Don't forget to take your hits and enjoy yourself! :)

Thing I remember about my first skirmish is to keep moving. Get stuck on one place for too long and you'll soon get hit by a thousand BB's! Keep moving and be ninja! :ph34r::)

• Supporters

Don't forget to take your hits and enjoy yourself! :)

Thing I remember about my first skirmish is to keep moving. Get stuck on one place for too long and you'll soon get hit by a thousand BB's! Keep moving and be ninja! :ph34r::)

Yeah ^^^^^ that. If in doubt about being hit, let discretion be the better part of valour. It's not like if you're hit, you're out for the whole game anyway!

• Supporters

Yeah, take your hits, wind your mag and, whatever tf you do, DO NOT REMOVE YOUR EYE PROTECTION UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES WHATSOEVER. If you cannot see and feel you can't get back to the safe zone before taking your eyepro off, call a marshal. You may feel a bit of a bell end, but nobody will mind much, whereas if you remove your eyepro you will be a major bell end and people will let you know it.

My 1st skirmish I went on my own, which was fine, I soon got chatting with other players and the marshals. I had boots and some clothes of my own so I wore them with the yoke from an Austrian Army backpack and some Viper security belt stuff I had knocking about. This is some time during my 1st day:

d4al.jpg

...to me, although I look a bit noobish, this pic makes me look like I had far more of a clue than I actually did have :lol:

First thing that really made things difficult was that mask fogging up. Even with the spray they gave us, I spent most of the day getting shot by people I hadn't even seen. I couldn't spot people in camo until later in the morning when I learned to follow the line of BB's back to their firing position, but that was usually too late! By the afternoon I had grasped the concept of 'fire and maneuver' ie don't show yourself in one place and stay there for somebody to get a better shot at you, so I started to get a few shots on target before getting hit. IIRC I got about 3 hits in the afternoon, about which I was so pleased with my little self!

Another major problem I had was that I hadn't worn my boots for ages and my feet had gone soft, so I had blisters by lunch and bleeding feet by the day's end. I also took a hit to the adam's apple which hurt like fcuk!

Still, I loved it. I just tried my best to tag along with the red team and, as Lozart said, not be a bell end. Not so sure I accomplished the latter, but I bought mesh goggles, strapped up my feet, and people have no problems teaming up with me these days so I spose I must have learned something since then...

Archived