G&P M4 not working, please help!

TheRifleMan
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys, my g&p makes a clicking noise when I try to shoot it, I did some research and it was said that it was the anti latch.

However I had problems before this, I purchased the gun last year and used it once & this was when the problems started.. The gun would randomly stop shooting when it wants to.

I sent it back to where I bought it from and they couldn't see any problems so I thought it was my battery, but then as I opened the gun up, I broke a black thing on the gearbox.

I'm not sure what it is.. But I have a good feeling that this may be causing the main problem atm.

If anyone could help me with this, that'd be great.

post-3353-0-38898100-1375988045_thumb.jpg

That black thing is your tappet plate. Replacing it should fix your problem AFAIK.

I'm not very knowledgable with gear boxes yet but I think the tappet place is what controls your rate of fire (I believe the fire selector changes the height or angle/position of it?).

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong!

The black plate in the picture is the selector plate, the tappet plate is inside the gearbox, is operated by the gears themselves and holds the air nozzle

Doubtful the selector plate is causing the problem however it would need replacing if its broken

I had a similar issue with my G&P M4 and I had the trigger unit replaced which sorted the issue.

Archived