Barrel Length

Des431
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm looking into buying my first Air Soft gun and was wondering whether the length of the barrel actually affects the accuracy and range of the weapon considering there is no rifling.

Also does the Hop Up only affect dip or does that also improve accuracy?

Thank You.

Barrel length could make a bit of a difference but TBH the avrage engagement distance is quite short but that is just my opinoin

However HUs do effect the dip which is accuracy becuase what a HU dose is put spin on the BB making it (when properly adjustied) fly straight verticaly

If it isnt adjusted properly the BB could drop short or fly into the sky

Jack

Barrel length could make a bit of a difference but TBH the avrage engagement distance is quite short but that is just my opinoin

However HUs do effect the dip which is accuracy becuase what a HU dose is put spin on the BB making it (when properly adjustied) fly straight verticaly

If it isnt adjusted properly the BB could drop short or fly into the sky

Jack

However the Hop Up doesn't increase horizontal accuracy. I was wondering whether the difference in accuracy between say a M16 and MP5 would be very visible at a range of 50 yards?

• Supporters

It would start to be visible at around that range.

Really, the differences become more apparent at ranges around 75-100 yards.

I have a JG M4 s-system. friends have stock JG M4A1's. I have the stock HU wit a Classic army bucking and a madbull 6.03 tightbore (590mm - PSG1 length) and I would and do now happily outrange them. I just have to stand back and watch my shots hit consistently where they stuggle to get the range to.

It's cost me near £75 to do, but once we play at the farm again, the amount of pwnage will just be silly.

Seriously, just go for it :D

Archived