Biggest in game mistake for new players

bornleverpuller
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Always treat an airsoft weapon as if it were a real rifle, so don't carry it over your shoulder when you're walking back to the safe zone with the muzzle waving in other player's faces, and for the love of god don't look down the barrel unless you've got eye pro on (I have seen it on site quite a lot as of late, gun isn't firing, they check their mags, discover nothing wrong with them, then proceed to look down the barrel with flash hider pretty much planted in their eye socket -.-' ).

Getting shot by the new players on your own team, despite wearing the same coloured armbands and shooting in the same direction as them!

I once had the same new player shoot me in the back TWICE in the same afternoon! :angry:

• Supporters

Actually I still shoot my own team mates from time to time. Makes the lazy bastards move! No, it's by accident... honest ;)

It's when I've had to get a lot of painkillers onboard. Makes me stupid.

• Supporters

Getting shot by the new players on your own team, despite wearing the same coloured armbands and shooting in the same direction as them!

I once had the same new player shoot me in the back TWICE in the same afternoon! :angry:

Yeah....last game I got shot by the same guy on our own team (hire package, white t-shirt - mmmmm inconspicuous) SIX times through the day. I was quite glad to be swapped side for the last game to even out the numbers...

dont forget stepping in front of your own players, blocking hteir sight/risking being shot... dont forget to watch friendys at corners...

Yeah....last game I got shot by the same guy on our own team (hire package, white t-shirt - mmmmm inconspicuous) SIX times through the day. I was quite glad to be swapped side for the last game to even out the numbers...

Hope you got revenge on the bugger?! :ph34r:

i hate getting shot by my own team, i stalked the enemy team and took them by surprise killing the entire team and then my own team which they had been attacking shot me! i was like FFS!!! I just killed 14 players in about 30 seconds!!!

• Supporters

Hope you got revenge on the bugger?! :ph34r:

No :( every time I saw him after swapping sides he'd just been shot by someone else. Sorely tempted to pop one in his backside as he walked off though....

That is a good point about them getting in the way, drives my brother up the wall...

Not quite getting in the way, but i was prone in amongst a big pile of heather, totally invisible with the oppositon main punch in my sights, i realised they were going to pass by me so i stayed quiet and waited...

The stragglers were just passing when one of my team comes wandering past on his way back to the safe zone, spots me and proceeds to have a lovely loud voicing about the fact that his gun stopped firing and he was doing oh so well.

Needless to say, they noticed and i didn't get the chance to throttle the guy due to the sudden full auto enslaught from about 6 or 7 people.

When you see a couple people not listening to the briefing, not knowing anything about the engagement distances. That always gets on my boobies.

Drives me nuts when a noob decides to go full auto from around 5 feet away. If youve never had it happen, its quite painful, especially when playing at 370 FPS limits.

However, like previously said, there's a lot of noobs doing the other extreme and firing at someone a KM away.

yea the full auto is irratating, specially when it happens multiple times, and your expected not to do it back when its the fastest way they will learn...

*gets hit*

"Hit!"

*begins to walk back to regen, before taking 10 more shots to the arse*

"HIT!!"

I know mistakes happen, but it happens so bloody often to me, surely the cant all be accidents? Before you ask, I put my raise my arm and always shout hit, not mumble. Anyone else in the same boat as me?

*gets hit*

"Hit!"

"HIT!!"

I know mistakes happen, but it happens so bloody often to me, surely the cant all be accidents? Before you ask, I put my raise my arm and always shout hit, not mumble. Anyone else in the same boat as me?

Yep I even walk with my gun above my head

*gets hit*

"Hit!"

"HIT!!"

It's even worse when you start walking back to your regen point and you start to realise the people lighting you up were team members.

I have been guilty of this. However, the player didn't have his hand in the air so I was not going to take any risks.

yes Ive done this too but not when they have their hand or gun raised.

Players seem to think that because they are going backwards to the regen, you should know this.

However, depending on how far forward you are taking cover, its not always apparent and also if their team colour is on the opposite sleeve, you cant see what team they are on.

• Supporters

I put a short burst into a youngster on my own team yesterday from about 3m away. That made the little sh!t excitedly confused young lad stick remember the plan!

No, he was on his way to regen and came through a door of the fort without shouting "Dead man walking!" or some such. Lucky for him it was with my AKS74U @340FPS rather than Sabine @ closer to 360

• 2 weeks later...

My second ever airsoft skirmish was absolutely hilarious.

I thought I was pulling off the most outrageously awesome move ever - smack in the middle of the arena was a tasty objective and I thought our team held it. Saw some cheeky gits counting to 30 going for a steal.

Burst through the cover on a 25 count, nailed them all from 20m away hollering like a madman.

Except we'd lost the objective a few minutes previous and were about to retake it...

So best advice?

Check your colours, remember what guns and loadouts your team is carrying - Do Not Shoot Your Own Team.

I didn't hear the end of that one all day - and rightly so!

My second ever airsoft skirmish was absolutely hilarious.

I thought I was pulling off the most outrageously awesome move ever - smack in the middle of the arena was a tasty objective and I thought our team held it. Saw some cheeky gits counting to 30 going for a steal.

Burst through the cover on a 25 count, nailed them all from 20m away hollering like a madman.

Except we'd lost the objective a few minutes previous and were about to retake it...

So best advice?

Check your colours, remember what guns and loadouts your team is carrying - Do Not Shoot Your Own Team.

I didn't hear the end of that one all day - and rightly so!

and this is why you PID targets first.

I ballsed up the other day, i had been hit as i was kneeling, so i called it and gave a wave to say i had been hit. put my gun down to fiddle with my plate carrier with both hands.....big mistake. next thing i know a sniper hits my straight in the chest. even through the fake plate i was like damnnn that was powerful. thank god for my plate carrier, saved me from several bad hits.

Another noob mistake, the thought that sitting in the same place is safe. It is not as you will get flanked and shot in the arse as I learned the hard way when I started out at Billericay :/

When I wear my helmet which has velcro on the NVG counterweight pocket at the back, I always put my team colour on to remind my teammates behind me what side Im on.

Archived