planned sas black kit loadout

hazbo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

TBH i dont see why you would take a chance with somehting like this

You can buy a set of bolistic lences

But you carnt buy a set of replacement eyes....

but are you gunna get shot by something fireing over 400fps with .3s..?

but are you gunna risk it?

(also, its quite reasonable to be shot at by something a little too hot.

it only takes one stray sniper round to do the damage.

i knew someone would say a sniper lol do you not play with engagment distances? and 410 fps for 10cms away with o.3s will never happen.. 1. if your at a half decend site surely they chrono your gun. 2. the bang rule? and 3. 10 cms!! in the eye??

• Supporters

A lot of sites operate a sniper rifle limit of 500fps and a alot of snipers prefer high quality .3g ammo thus making a 400fps (maybe higher) rifle, yes i think its Very likely.

A lot of sites operate a sniper rifle limit of 500fps and a alot of snipers prefer high quality .3g ammo those making a 400fps (maybe higher) rifle, yes i think its Very likely.

10cms away ? the closest engagement distance ive ever heard of is 20 metres not 10 cms.. by the time it hits you its no where near 500 fps

• AF-UK Founding Member

It's not just the other team you've got to bear in mind, you've got think of friendly fire too, and that's likely to be a lot closer. Safety is paramount with anything like this, you just don't risk something like your eyes if there is a fair chance of something happening.

I am afraid the SAS will not have switched to a SIG rifle, the only weapon they will have switched to is the HK 53 (MP5 in 5.56mm).

To my knowledge they are still using the Pigskin waistcoats as the carry all ammunition on their leg, the vest caries 4x Flashbangs or CS grenades, an axe, a knife, and baton rounds for the breaching shotgun.

Modern look

PASGT (looks like the Bristol made helmet they use)

S10(with airsoft safe lenses)

Pigskin or Black MOLLE vest with Grenade pouches

Black overalls (they moved off the blue a while ago)

Hip holster for the pistol (they don't use Drop legs for pistols as they aren't as secure)

Drop leg for the SMG/Rifle mags

The SIG 552 is really not going to do the loadout any favours, stick with an MP5 or people will just tell you how bad it looks. At the moment you look will be a SWAT loadout not SAS CRW.

the reason im going to use the sig 552 is because i already have one and cant afford to buy a new gun... unless its going cheap ;)

the reason im going to use the sig 552 is because i already have one and cant afford to buy a new gun... unless its going cheap ;)

i have a classic army mpa5 :) which is what they use

It's not just the other team you've got to bear in mind, you've got think of friendly fire too, and that's likely to be a lot closer. Safety is paramount with anything like this, you just don't risk something like your eyes if there is a fair chance of something happening.

well i used one a CQB many times got shot in the mask many times and its totally fine..

• Supporters

the point isn't that it shouldn't happen and you should not shoot at people close range with anything over 350FPS, But I HAVE shot hubert basically point blank with mah 510FPS Dragunov, purely out of surprise of him being there. If it put a hole in his webbing, it will but a hole in non-balistic goggles. and then your eye.

the point isn't that it shouldn't happen and you should not shoot at people close range with anything over 350FPS, But I HAVE shot hubert basically point blank with mah 510FPS Dragunov, purely out of surprise of him being there. If it put a hole in his webbing, it will but a hole in non-balistic goggles. and then your eye.

remind me to never play with you lol :P does your site not operate an engagement range?

Its more about addreniline reaction shots then sticking by the rules i know i have dont it a couple of times with out meaning to

I said sorry and we laughed about it afterwards

(you would say sorry if the guy you just shot happens to own the site...)

Its more about addreniline reaction shots then sticking by the rules i know i have dont it a couple of times with out meaning to

I said sorry and we laughed about it afterwards

(you would say sorry if the guy you just shot happens to own the site...)

lol but i wouldnt use an S10 out doors anyway just a pair of shooting glasses :)

The lenses on an S10 resi are in no way shape or form ballisticly rated. You can get over lenses for them that will stop a .22 but not a 9mm, I think you are miss informed about that. I have seen first hand what a 350 FPS rifle will do to an S10 at close range and there is no way in hell I would use it to protect my eyes.

If you want t use an S10 you need to either get the Flash lenses for it or make some lenses for it out of ballistic polycarb.

The lenses on an S10 resi are in no way shape or form ballisticly rated. You can get over lenses for them that will stop a .22 but not a 9mm, I think you are miss informed about that. I have seen first hand what a 350 FPS rifle will do to an S10 at close range and there is no way in hell I would use it to protect my eyes.

If you want t use an S10 you need to either get the Flash lenses for it or make some lenses for it out of ballistic polycarb.

lol im guessing because you like to copy the SAS look your an expert in everything are you ?

lol im guessing because you like to copy the SAS look your an expert in everything are you ?

No I am not, but I am not a retard who thinks he knows best.

The lenses do not offer any protection at all, they were never designed to, but if you insist on saying they will stop a 9mm I am quite happy for you to wear one and I will shoot you in the face with a 500 FPS sniper rifle and we will see if you are right. Sound good?

You need these or to make some lenses out of ballistic polycarbonate. Best way to do that is to use one of the industrial facemask

about the kit i was meaning stuff like s-10 respirators ( why the need for a gas mask o.O lol) and anyways in the iranian embassy seige they didnt use s-10s .. so i dont see why people say they are loking for that look and then buy the wrong stuff makes me lol and btw im not looking for an arguement just like to say what i think :)

btw if your still looking for the s-10 ill sell you one :) and it has haversack :)

acctualy i'm pretty sure they did use S10 resperators as practically every book and documentry shows the SAS using them. Anyway you can see the SAS using them in the footage of the Iranian embassy siege.

and besides they would need the S10's to shield their eyes from the fashbangs they used when clearing the rooms.

• 2 months later...

I can thouroghly back up what abbadan has said, and its simple common sense really. The S10 standard lenses offer absolutly no ballistic protection whatsoever. You WILL need anti flash lenses which can be picked up on ebay quite reasonbly and will make your resi look authentic or replace the originals with poly carb which is what i did. I have seen at least two lenses crack under the impact of snipere rifles and we shattered one in a test just for shits and giggles with a standars marui GBB pistol from 6 feet away, result shattered into about 6 pieces. Anway getting back on track, i have been working on an SAS based CRW setup for severel years and it is the most exspensive and hard too put together project of all the loadouts i have ever done. Even now it is still not 100% complete. However i will do my best to help with what i know, i am no expert, but have spent severel years researching this to get it as accurate as poss, some good ref sites are

www.sas22.com

www.redtroop.co.uk

The guys on here are the prob the guys who know the most about this subject. However according to open source info in the CT role the reg are using the following

Weapons

H&K MP5 A3 - primary CRW assaulters weapon, however an SD3-6 would work as well, as these are in use when required

H&K H53 - poss in a situation where they needed the higher penetration of the 5.56, however some sources state that they are using the 10inch diemaco carbines in this role now.

Remington shotgun - MOE - Method of entry mans weapon for breaching doors etc

AW 338 - For use by sniper teams, these are the primary means of eyes on intel once deployed to a situation.

Browning hi power - maybe in limited use now still, deff in use a few years back beforebeing replaceed by the sig.

Sig sauer P226 - replacement for the browning and current in service handgun.

Equipment

Black or blue nomex intervention suit, i have seen various pics of both colour suits in use, so who knows. Mine is black, but a recent batch we got hold of which were marked up inside as genuine were blue.

Assaulters gloves - there are suede gloves availible that were on issue some years back and are quite sought after, and the current issue rappel gloves which can be picked up on the bay of e, however i would guess that they also have bought commercial products and issued them and guys have also bought there own. I have seen pics of NI and soldier 95 gloves used as well.

SF 10 - these are diff to the standard S10, they are fully compatible with the davies communcations system, have the flash lenses and lack the drinking tube. However the S10 is a worthy substitute as long as you replace the lenses.

Boots - I would say personal choice, no idea if the addidas GSG9 boots are issue, they seem quite popular, but again pics out there of pro boots, lowas and various other in use.

Belt kit - This was and who knows what is current ?, the standard issue. It was made originally by paul evers and then price western leather and consisted of a leather equipment belt, double pistol mag holder, triple drop leg MP5 mag holder and drop leg pistol holster, there was also the option of a low slung, cantilevered belt holster as well. Also a double tear gas/smoke canistor pouch has been seen.

Comms - Not to sure on this TBH - i beleive the system used to be a davies communications setup that consisted of a big PTT connected to a speaker in the resi or on the throat and a set of headphones. Radio could have been a cougar ? I would guess that for a current setup that you may well get away with a set of sordins, however boom mics don't interface to well with resies, so i still use a throatmic setup attatched to a dummy MBITR.

Flash hood - These are nomex 5 hole and fit over the SF10 as aditional protection against flash.

Helmet, For my setup i use an NP aerospace AC200 which was in service some years back, however i beleive the current is an AC900, which is pretty difficult to obtain.

Bodyarmour - I beleive the current issue is the armourshiled REV vest, which i own. Can't claim to have seen to many of these around, so no idea how youy would obtain them. Ebay would be worth looking is a guess ?

Ops vest - The vest on issue is a modualar design that is mesh based, with velcro strips and modular pouches that can be configured as required. I can't for the life of me remember the manafacturer, but its international safety products or something along those lines. Not exactly advertised. The company also do a sim flotation vest for the SBS as well and some UK police forces are using them too. So in this respect, it is diff to get a close replica, i am led to beleive however that small numbers of arktis modular vests were trialed as well, as a friend of mine obtained a marked up one. These are a little more easily availible and are quite common across the UK regional police firearms teams. But they are quite exspensive still.

Abseil harness - As they need to do multiple floor entry, then an absel harness is in use. The brit military GQ harness is what has been seen in most photos, and can be picked up on ebay along with the D rings.

Here is a few pics of myself and a few team mates in action.

122iur8.jpg

2ztgdjm.jpg

• 6 months later...

I think you have the wrong end of the stick. All everyone has tried to say to you is simply that, no matter how unlikely it is that you will get shot point blank, there is still a chance, not even a particulary low one. And nobody here wants to take that risk, there is no need to, get ballistic lens and problem solved, end of debate.

Archived