MP5 Question

get_to_the_choppa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

Can anyone give me a bit of advice?

I've got the JG MP5 Navy. But I want to mod it to bring it back to the "classic" look MP5, i.e, lose the tactical foregrip at the front that houses the battery.

I found this front grip on ebay ---> ebay

Does anyone have a rough idea as to whether or not this would be able to house the battery and if it would fit easy enough?

Sorry!bit of a noobish question!

• AF-UK Founding Member

It's possible. It will be a tight squeeze with the battery etc, but it can be done. You will have to snap/pull a few pieces of plastic off from what I remember but it won't stop you from being able to revert to how it was originally if thats what you wanted. You can get a brand new handguard off zero one if that interests you:

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info...24adb161d9a04c6

Cheers Dev,

As long as it's do-able! It's just when I saw it going cheap I thought I'd better check whether it was really a bargain for me or not. In time I'm thinking classic front grip with a solid stock. Mind you... I suppose with a solid stock I could house the battry in there with a bit of rewiring? I'll keep you up to date with how I get on!

• Supporters

aye, a mate has a back-wired MP5, with a HUGE battery in it (8.4v 4300mah) the front wired ones can take an 8.4V 1200mah, which is a fine size for a battery.

also, sticking a large battery into the JG MP5 stock WILL make it rear-heavy, few metal parts at the front to equal it out :(

• AF-UK Founding Member

It means you it will last a lot longer and you can be far more trigger happy, if you have the BB's that is. It will also give you a slight rise in ROF, but not much at all.

Just to make it clear

Bigger MaH: Longer play time :)

Bigger Voltage: Higher RoF

It dont matter about the phiysicl size of the batt you have have a large 8.4V 1200 MaH batt and a Mini 8.4V MaH 1200 Batt that will do the same job

Archived