Project ideas...

Bottledtorment
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I have been musing with some ideas I have been thinking about for a short time

The first is to make my DE M58B firstly solid in construction (Crappy barrel manufacturing) and secondly shorter than it already is but i'm not sure how useful it would be to do and how to do it...

I also want to have a crack at making my own smoke grenades as i have my own land i could play private games on and therefore want some because they are ummm awesome and they can also be made into flash bangs if the recipe is changed :D

Also does anyone know of any good Airsoft sites under an hour away from Derby . I know of MCG and Skirmish airsoft but they are a trek to get too. :(

Any help with these would be greatly appreciated :)

• Supporters

In this day and age where people are too paranoid to let you take a bottle of breast milk onto a plane, with a real live baby mind you, you'd best be bloody careful about packing any potentially explosive mixture into a container which could be construed as a housing, because I'll bet my arse there's a law against it nowadays...

As for smoke, look into theatrical/film making pyrotechnics - they are so much more horrendous than the pyros we fling about.

I've made ninja smoke bombs from black powder before.

Wear safety glasses that's all i will say :P And prepare to have your eyebrows singed off.

• Supporters

Of course, you could always tell the old bill in advance that you were going to be using your land for airsoft, including pyros. So then they'd just ignore it and you could set fire to your face to your heart's content - I have to say that I did in the 70's and it is great fun - just don't use glass bottles to contain your bangs...

Ahh good old smoke bombs, easy enough to make.

KNO3 + sugar + baking powder + powered dye

Melt the sugar in a pan till it is nice and creamy like peanut butter then just throw the rest in.

There are precise measurements you should do, but I'll let you google that part.

How ever What they do not show you online is how to make a decent ring pull fuse from saftey fuse and matches.

Of course, you could always tell the old bill in advance that you were going to be using your land for airsoft, including pyros. So then they'd just ignore it and you could set fire to your face to your heart's content - I have to say that I did in the 70's and it is great fun - just don't use glass bottles to contain your bangs...

I was thinking of thin cardboard tubes like toilet rolls as they are reasonably flimsy, Good thinking about advance warning , It's only about 7 acres so nothing much really to play on ....

I was going to buy some visco fuses to stop my face getting scorched :P

Ahh good old smoke bombs, easy enough to make.

KNO3 + sugar + baking powder + powered dye

Melt the sugar in a pan till it is nice and creamy like peanut butter then just throw the rest in.

There are precise measurements you should do, but I'll let you google that part.

How ever What they do not show you online is how to make a decent ring pull fuse from saftey fuse and matches.

I think it is 60:40 ratio if i remember from the lesson in chemistry when we made them (thinking about it my teacher was from the middle east and made a lot of semi explosive things ..... :o)

As i said above I am planning to buy some viscos fuse and buy a cheap zippo which is wind proof and try that otherwise i will youtube how to make one :)

if your going to hold private airsoft matches can i come along sometimes? PLEASE? i'll even help make trenches and stuff!

On nine acres of land , it will be barely fit around 6 people .... Plus i live in Derby so I'm quite a way from you....

i'd say you could have about 20 guys play on 9 acres if you plan games right and for a free game once or twice a year i'd happily travel that distance!

I've made a poor drawing of a 'custom' SV98 style stock I wast wanting to make for my VSR,the only thing that is stopping me is finding decent quality wood,time and in a dilemma weather to sacrifice the comfort and light weight of the VSR stock for a big heavy chunky piece of wood that looks cool.

Probably gonna stay with the stock VSR stock :P

I've made a poor drawing of a 'custom' SV98 style stock I wast wanting to make for my VSR,the only thing that is stopping me is finding decent quality wood,time and in a dilemma weather to sacrifice the comfort and light weight of the VSR stock for a big heavy chunky piece of wood that looks cool.

Probably gonna stay with the stock VSR stock :P

Haha fair play. :P

• Supporters

Yeah, you know what else they don't tell you on youtube? Where TF to buy potassium nitrate.

Amazon seem to sell it as salt for meat curing... i go shooting a lot so i could BS that it is for curing the rabbit and pheasant meat ..... ? :D

• Supporters

Good lard, they do as well! 500g tubs - there absolutely must be a watch list...

Good lard, they do as well! 500g tubs - there absolutely must be a watch list...

Probably if not we have a small patch of woodland in which there are 'stumps' to be removed... (another usage of it)

Upon further reading , It is okay to buy it as long as you don't buy any metal powders with it as these can be used to make an IED supposedly .... :(

Anything is an IED, doesn't matter what you use.

A home made party popper is still an IED

True i have made a basic and cr*p flash bang out of ten of those before it was a bugger to light and in recollection very stupid as it had no fuse ...

i would say thats debatable, it depends on the method you use to detonate it. if you just have explosives that you have made at home then its HME (Home Made Explosives), you attach other stuff to it to make it detonate then it becomes a IED.

i would say thats debatable, it depends on the method you use to detonate it. if you just have explosives that you have made at home then its HME (Home Made Explosives), you attach other stuff to it to make it detonate then it becomes a IED.

Now you chaps are getting to technical , Keep on topic :P

Archived