Airsoft World

Toast

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Service in stores is great.

Agreed. Never had any bad experiences with them, but I do usually stop in store. Whenever I have ordered from them online, they seem to do everything okay- but again, I live really close to the store.

My Order with them is taking a while, though the customer service is flawless considering. I spoke to someone today who kindly explained that they are in the middle of moving premises which is causing disruption.

Whichever way you turn it though, 7 to 10 working days to spray a gun that they have in stock is rather long. Unless of course half the forum have ordered two-tone guns :P

My order finally arrived yesterday. Now, the two tone service is quite frankly, a joke. It took them 9 working days to paint the gun, and when they did, they ignored the 3 emails I had sent before I ordered and the note on the order. I specifically stated that only green paint was to be used, to match a very similar product on their website, and they used a very poor blue paint, which leaves a sticky feeling... On the foregrip (l85 a2) and scratches off easily, like when installig a battery. On top of this, they didn't paint anywhere near 50 per cent of the gun, though this doesn't bother me as they are the ones commiting a criminal offence.

I do not reccomend using Airsoft World unless they are the sole supplier of something you want, and you should NEVER use their two tone service or rely on the comments box to clarify an order.

Perhaps others have had better experiences with them, but I am simply disappointed.

• Supporters

3 different AEG orders - all 3 went fine

they were cheapest deals on offer & bought 2 x KK burst wizards for £9:99 offer too

(must have forgot/missed one on my very first order)

paid by paypal - even found discount code & grabbed some BAW BB's

BUT then I have had $hit luck with other companies like LWA

so it is all a bit of a lottery

sorry to hear others not so fortunate with Airsoft World

My order finally arrived yesterday. Now, the two tone service is quite frankly, a joke. It took them 9 working days to paint the gun, and when they did, they ignored the 3 emails I had sent before I ordered and the note on the order. I specifically stated that only green paint was to be used, to match a very similar product on their website, and they used a very poor blue paint, which leaves a sticky feeling... On the foregrip (l85 a2) and scratches off easily, like when installig a battery. On top of this, they didn't paint anywhere near 50 per cent of the gun, though this doesn't bother me as they are the ones commiting a criminal offence.

I do not reccomend using Airsoft World unless they are the sole supplier of something you want, and you should NEVER use their two tone service or rely on the comments box to clarify an order.

Perhaps others have had better experiences with them, but I am simply disappointed.

Must say I had nearly the same problem with their two-tone service on one occaision. When they painted my G36C they only did the handguard in green, and it felt uncomfortably sticky. Didn't have the problem with my Tokarev, though, so it may have been the material it was sprayed on.

Good to hear that some people have had good experiences with them, the staff that I spoke to and emailed all seemed very helpful, I didn't want to drive a conclusion that they were to be avoided at all cost, but every company has its weaknesses, and it seems that two-toning is theirs.

Perhaps I should clarify a little: besides the very long wait for spraying and the quality of the two-tone, i cant fault the service.

I have just spoken to their customer service in relation to my order, and while they are quite happy to accept the gun returned unused for a full refund, including P&P (as per their legal duty) they point blank refused to compensate me my booking fee (for a day at an airsoft site) that i would have to forefeit in order to keep the gun unused.

While i wasnt surprised, i was still very dissapointed.

• 2 months later...

Does this remove the black as well? Do you need to take the internals out first?

Nah. Here's a video showing what happens:

More detailed

How do you get in touch with airsoft world? I've been phoning a 0333 number and no one ever picks up.

drop them an email. They don't have enough store staff to answer the phone if anyone is in their shop.

drop them an email. They don't have enough store staff to answer the phone if anyone is in their shop.

I done that a few days ago. It says normal service from the 5th so I assume the warehouse is open but no picks up.

I done that a few days ago. It says normal service from the 5th so I assume the warehouse is open but no picks up.

Pick ups will be fine, unless you needed something painted.

• 4 weeks later...

Ordered some stuff off airsoft world.

Was expecting a package today but nothing turned up, just had a guy phone me up and say that they are having trouble finding a spring, but they will search there second warehouse or source one and send it out tomorrow.

managed to order some more stuff I forgot about and get that added to my previous order so I didn't have to pay for more postage.

Thought that was quite good service that I didn't even have to chase it up.

• 4 months later...

Hm, it seems I've not learned my lesson from last time, ordered a cheapo nimh charger and custom adaptor to plug into deans on Saturday with next day delivery.

On Wednesday I notice the tracking page has been saying "priority packing" since monday, so ring up to see what's going on. The guy tells me it's being packed for dispatch that afternoon.

On Thursday. Same thing, so I ring again only to be told by the fella who is supposedly processing my order that he is doing it now and it will be dispatched today (that's the Thursday after I placed my order)

This morning I'd the Friday, tomorrow my order will be a whole week old And the online tracking page still says it's being packed.

I don't know why it's taking so long to do four bits of solder and throw it in a post bag but it quite frankly is taking the piss

• 2 weeks later...

I have used Airsoft word twice, first time buying my safety gear, and then again a few weeks later for my gun/mags/bat (May & June 2015)

I had no issues at all with them bar 1 (below) packages delivered in under 5 days on both occasions

The only niggle was that they forgot to include the extra battery I ordered with my gun - however I dropped them an e-mail (ticket) and this was identified, resolved and I received the battery in under 7 days.

Customer support is excellent (Andy I think?)

I will be continuing to use them for all my main purchases :)

• 2 weeks later...

I've has a few orders from them so far and never had a problem.
All my orders have been correct and arrived within 3 days.
Much better than others i've used.

• 4 weeks later...

I ordered a pistol from AW over the weekend because it was the only place with stock. Checked the despatch tracking number that they emailed to me, on the UPS tracking site and it wasnt recognised. Contacted AW as I initially thought there was a typo in the number. They called me and said that the pistol they were going to send me turned out to be the last one in stock and it was actually a broken return. They were going to fix it with a new slide and send it to me, but turned out they couldn't. I'm glad about that as I really wouldnt have wanted somebody's else's broken pistol, fixed or no.

So, tracking numbers are automatically generated without a physical despatch and I don't have an M9 coming after all

They have given me a refund but you know what its like when you are expecting a gun to arrive and it turns out it hasnt even been despatched.

• 7 months later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.