Airsoft World

Toast

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

bought a TM VSR 10 and had them install the upgrade parts in it, they shipped me the gun in good time along with the packaging and parts replaced. Very nice and they give you points for buying stuff which you can use for discounts on other products. Haven't had an issue with them. 

• Supporters

Bear in mind that this is the retailer that will sell anyone who asks a (bogus) VCRA defence that only they accept.

Having discovered this, it's not a business that I'll be rewarding again.

• Supporters

I'm guessing that the number of times that they've been approached by the State and asked to provide a defence trends towards zero.  Just because an offence is on the books doesn't mean that it's policed.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, hunter511 said:

how does cosplay insurance work

They've never said what they're actually selling, and I'd be surprised if there was a real policy behind it.  I mean, what third party liabilities are you likely to incur while toting a toy gun for display purposes?

As far as I can see, it's not a real policy and the only purpose is to make extra money while providing themselves with something that looks like a defence but isn't.

6 hours ago, hunter511 said:

On a related note.... how does cosplay insurance work now that most conventions are insisting on no RIF's/gun shaped objects from what Ive seen?

Cosplay has never been a Defence under the VCRA.

It sits on the coat tails of re-enactment or theatrical.

I was at a ComicCon recently, and though most RIFs were SciFi style, they could still be RIFs in the eye of the beholder (especially Star Wars weapons which were originally designed from WW2 weapons), there were also SteamPunkers who had a lot of brass and the odd military type

There was a Cosplay rule set on the counter at the entrance, but I never read it as I just strolled past the queues of paying peasants waving my highly important person wristband 

• Supporters
18 hours ago, Tommikka said:

There was a Cosplay rule set on the counter at the entrance, but I never read it as I just strolled past the queues of paying peasants waving my highly important person wristband

The Slave Leia costume probably helped too.

3 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

The Slave Leia costume probably helped too.

You jest .... but .....

(I didn’t cosplay, but I had an hour’s notice with a 5am message, due to a broken arm and smashed face fall incident)

......  there were a few sights to behold

In various definitions of ‘sights’

I do have photos (of some) when I get around to sorting them 

The entire experience I had with that outfit was truly awful.

Appalling after sales to say the least.

Their admin and manner was nothing short of insulting and that’s being kind.

Ive never ever seen a business that is so loosely run with so little care by so many useless passive aggressive incompetent clowns.

• 10 months later...

Just be aware if you buy from here right now; the guy I spoke to on the phone about my current order is the ONLY guy working there right now, handling all online and phone orders

So, y'know; be a bit patient and understanding if stuffs slower than expected

Have only ever ordered Tag Innovation associated products from AirsoftWorld - But experience has always been straight forward / delivered quickly & hassle-free

Will continue to use them based on this

11 hours ago, MikeMarden said:

Have only ever ordered Tag Innovation associated products from AirsoftWorld - But experience has always been straight forward / delivered quickly & hassle-free

Will continue to use them based on this

Pretty much the only place you can get the rounds these days, if they have them in stock at the time

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.