Airsoft World

Toast

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

They are a joke mate I won't ever use them again, once I spent £950 in one sitting and bought an AEG, mags, rifle bag and some BBs so not much and nothing much for them to remember either. Received the AEG two days later but that was it. Took me in total £35 worth of phone calling and 14 weeks to go everything else that was the 2nd I used them and never again think they are playing for Justbbguns place on the worst shop ever and most of the people on here I'm sure have read the thread on those jokers. My mate used Airsoftworld as well and he took his rifle fresh out the box and it fell to pieces. My three suppliers on NOT to ever use are,

Justbbguns,

Airsoftworld,

Elite Airsoft UK.

The only supplier I've used and never incurred a single problem and cannot at this moment fault them in the slightest is

Pro Airsoft Supplies.

• Supporters

You would like to think in this day and age suppliers would care about there customer services and customers repeat business but it seems in this game only a few do care and other simply couldn't give a crap as there's always someone willing to buy from them. Airsoft world regulate there feedback pages as well so if you post really bad feedback it'll never been seen by the public

Try reading the reviews on them on this forum.

As I always say, all retailers are great until something goes wrong and then it sorts the men from the boys.

I mean, how hard is it to take an online order and post something out. A lot of retailers get rave reviews for doing just this.

Means nothing to me. The true measure is how they handle warranty claims and problematic despatches.

This. i had a bad experience with Airsoft World a while back. Won't use them again.

Several months after my problem with them last year, I happened to end up speaking to somebody who works for them, via Facebook.

After telling me that he wasn't working there when I had my little problem with them, he went on to tell me that all was sorted now and it was a blip caused by a lack of staff or something.

Sounds like nothing has changed.

Unfortunately, a great number of Airsofters don't help themselves. If a retailer has the right gun at the right price, people put up with an awful lot of crap and will hit that head against the wall repeatedly.

Ive noticed that they have some very tempting products from time to time, but there is no way I would buy from them again.

Try reading the reviews on them on this forum.

As I always say, all retailers are great until something goes wrong and then it sorts the men from the boys.

I mean, how hard is it to take an online order and post something out. A lot of retailers get rave reviews for doing just this.

Means nothing to me. The true measure is how they handle warranty claims and problematic despatches.

This is definitely the best way to judge a retailer.

Little bit of experience from me here:

My latest gun came from AW. I ordered it on the Thursday and it arrived in the post on Friday the next week. This surprised me. I hadn't expected it for at least 2 weeks because of the custom two-tone paint job on it. *GOOD SERVICE*

Unfortunately, they had accidentally sent the wrong magazine with it (three 90 round MP5 mid caps rather than the mid cap and two 250 round high caps) *BAD SERVICE*.

So, I gave them a ring as soon as I found out (I was test-firing it on the Saturday). They asked me if I could bring up to the store and get it changed there. To me, this isn't too big a deal because I don't live longer than 15 minutes drive away- they could tell that from the order form. That said, I really didn't want to have to borrow my dad's car just to go and pick something up. I was playing at their site (The Fort) the next day anyway, so I asked them to send it over there where I would pick it up on the Sunday. They were cool with this, and dropped it off over there where I replaced the two *unused* 90 round magazines. As a result of their cock up, they gave me my site fee for the day free which was a result.

Ive ordered a cyma glock 18c, and my dad got a WE 1911 from them and have had no issues. Although we have both bought these in the shop instead of over the internet.

Ive ordered a cyma glock 18c, and my dad got a WE 1911 from them and have had no issues. Although we have both bought these in the shop instead of over the internet.

It seems as though the further away from the store that you live, the more difficult that it is to get things fixed/replaced.

• Supporters

I think they are that bad I needed a KJW G23 mag lip and value they are the ONLY UK supplier that stock them, could have spent 5mins ordering them but spent three days instead speaking to KJW Hong Kong to get the parts instead now that's saying something

It seems as though the further away from the store that you live, the more difficult that it is to get things fixed/replaced.

WRONG . i only stay 25 mins away and they were still crap. it took then 4 weeks to sort an m4 i bought from them , and that was only going to there shop and standing till they fixed it

I guess it's pot luck as I've had to get repairs done under warranty with them and they've always been very prompt with regards to service.

Some other more reputable retailers I've dealt with have been the opposite.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm finally getting to the end of a paypal dispute with them (thank god for paypal!) for 2 sets of headsets and ptt switches @ just under £100.

Neither of the ptt switches worked properly (ok, i thought, not really their fault...they could simply be replaced or refunded) so i contacted them the day after receiving them to let them know, but had no reply from either of the departments i emailed. It was only when i opened the paypal dispute about a month later that they finally responded and seemed more than happy to help with the problem...but it didn't last long.

Despite being promised they would be looked at "the minute they arrived" I had no confirmaion that they had received the items, and it took a week from the time the parcel was received by them (2nd class signed for) before it was logged into the "service dept" or whatever they called it, and that's only after i'd emailed a member of staff directly asking for an update, rather than the generic customer service email address.

After then, i just decided to go the rest of the way via paypal (the deadline was almost up for escalating), and it was only when i raised it to a claim that suddenly they had approved the refund.

If they are that hard to get a hold of for just looking at a couple of manufacturing faults, i'd hate to imagine the ballache of having warrenty work done on guns if they're as difficult to deal with as they were with me.

I'll be happy once i have the money back, and i enjoy never using them again.

• 5 weeks later...

I've got to say I'm surprised at seeing all the problems you guys had with Airsoftworld. They were the first company I ever went to to purchase my first airsoft gun, and I've gone to them all times but once and have never had a problem (To date, I've had some crappy £40 AEG I started with, SRC Tokarev TT-33, P45 Match Ext. Barrel Heavyweight, WE G39C, A&K Dragunov SVD and a Warrior L96 I bought off a mate, but he got it from Airsoftworld originally with no problem), the only time I went to another place is because Wolf Armouries were the only guys I could find with a Beretta M93R, which funnily enough had a problem with it back at the warehouse, but I got a full refund for it because there was an out-of-the-box fault when they went to two-tone it.

I can't speak for Airsoftworld's customer service, since I've never had to use it. I usually buy ammo and gas from Airsoftworld, so I guess if there's a problem with ordering them, I have all this crap to look forward to.

Has anyone here used " proairsoftsupplies " ?..I'm thinking of using them, any info appreciated.

Tried 'airsoftworld' but their web site takes way too long to load up and every gun i clicked on was 'out of stock' !

Has anyone here used " proairsoftsupplies " ?..I'm thinking of using them, any info appreciated.

Tried 'airsoftworld' but their web site takes way too long to load up and every gun i clicked on was 'out of stock' !

There's another thread for proairsoftsupplies. Just look it up on the forums

Airsoftyworld are ok for accessories,sometimes hard to get items but their customer service when it comes to guns is absolute crap,my m8 returned 2 out of 3 M4's and when they returned 1 was no better and 1 was worse...trouble is is that it ruins your day out when you find out they've messed up..he even visited them to drop them off in person,he's still using them but wouldn't buy from them again...as a newbie it was the sort of experience he wanted...and no he neglected to ask before he bought..., :blink:

I am not that happy about my order, but it might have been a bit out of their hands..

anyway here's what happened. ordered a cyma ak, got a gun that was made by cyma but rebranded cybergun. does not affect the performance but I wasn't very pleased never the less, had I known I would have ordered from patrol base instead. secondly there was a wiggle in the gastube. which I got explained in a long mail that real ones have more wiggle.... few days after the gasblock crumbles and falls to pieces (gun is still unskirmished). I contact them again. I can't send it in because of leaving the country. But I do offer to send him a picture and ask if he can contribute the shipping cost (as this would be the very minimum he would pay if the gun was sent back) towards a new gasblock. I think he said something in the lines that he could not because of tax regulations etc. etc. fair enough I suppose.

make what you want of the story but that is what happened.

• 2 months later...

is this the shop in crossgates, fife? I went there last week and while i was impressed with his immediate recognition of my pistol, i wasn't impressed at waiting in the shop for so long without being offered assistance. Even then he seemed more interested in tinkering than selling (my UKARA hadn't been registered but i could have bought other things). I think a trip to Dalkeith on monday

• 2 months later...

I've just had a run in with them.

Bought a King Arms Blaser R93 from them. On sale, so thought, eh, why not.

Received it with a big scratch on the bolt. Annoying, but was prepared to accept it.

About 10 mags through it, (just in back garden), starts slam-firing.

Oh. Probably nothing. Tried skirmishing it, kept slam-firing. Frustrating as hell.

Sent it back for refund, took a week between me pestering them for an update on the matter before I started a paypal dispute.

That got their attention.

Asked for full refund.

They gave me about £9 less than the price of the gun for 'restocking' costs.

Because of this experience, I will never shop with them again.

• 2 weeks later...

Had to pay £5 postage just for something the size of my fingernail through their courier. First email said it would be here today, checked on DPDs site today to track it and turns out there has been a problem and it wont be here till next monday. I have heard nothing from Airsoft World mind to let me know there has been a problem. I have never had a problem with DPD not being able to deliver something so I think the problem is probably at AW's end. Less then impressed...

I decided that it was wrong to hold grudges and bought a radio handset from them the other week.

I got notification that it had been shipped from AW and then got an email directly from the courier (DPD)

to say it wouldn't be delivered because AW hadn't had it ready for collection.

I contacted AW to check and they did actually reply to my email within 30 minutes saying that they were having problems

with this particular courier and were going to check with them.

The goods came and I wasn't desperate for the handset, so I didn't take too much notice of how long it took, but of the two items Ive bought from them, both have suffered from courier problems.

the only problem i had with them was when i bought a gun of them all got sent well then when i tried the gun it didnt work,sent it back to them with my name and postcode on the box and a piece of paper with the same on,2 weeks went by so i game them a call,and they said that no gun had been sent to them with that name adress or postcode (i had tracked delivery aswell so i knew they had it) after 1hr on the phone they found my gun but apparently it came with no adress so they couldnt send it out,gave them the adress and it arrived next day

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.