Airsoft World

Toast

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've ordered a few things from them and been pretty happy.

However things didn't run 100% smoothly when I had to return a Mac10 with a broken fire selector switch. I emailed AW about it and the guy who replied implied I had broken the switch when I had already explained that it was clearly done during shipping. He also said he would sort out the return the next day but he didn't do a thing. I waited a week before ringing them and to be fair as soon as I spoke to them on the phone they were great and the problem was resolved.

I just think that an online retailer should be able to sort out problems online. It can't be that difficult surely?

I would definitely order from them again.

• Supporters

I ordered a G&G H&K 416 from them the other day, arrived the next day. Simples.

This thread does seem to suggest they have a somewhat inconsistent rep though, at first I thought they were quite bad, but over time I've grown to see them as one of the top shops. This is without even ordering from them particularly often. The 416 was the first gun I ever ordered from them.

I think a lot of their positive publicity comes from Scoutthedoggie and co praising them all the time, the reality might not be quite so positive.

Problem is half the people here are saying they are emailing / or using FB to communicate.

Always ring. Emails are always easy to misplace, and FB is just silly if you want to get something important done :L

Ordered my 226 from them no hassle. Most recent order was for Green Gas and 1 had a faulty nossle and wouldn't transfer gas. Was rectified pretty quickly.

Always ring. Emails are always easy to misplace, and FB is just silly if you want to get something important done :L

I had assumed he had already called or something, so I thought FB is the last choice really.

Saying that, just made an order and gave the wrong shipping address.

Managed to sort it out 2 hours after their closing time via FB :P

• 2 weeks later...

My brother got me a TM MP7 for my birthday after the gearbox shot to pieces and exploded i spoke to them and sent it back. After a quick repair i paid £20 to have it returned to me next day delivery for the GZ weekender and paid £6 for a pistol hop rubber. This was on wednesday. Got home from the weekender and phoned them up and they said the guys have been at war and peace so it wasnt sent. Did t arrive the next day phobed up again and they forgot to book thebcourier. Wednesday comes and it arrives without the hop rubber i paid for. Tried to chase them up but no response. So i paid £26 for a week long delivery....well done AW

• 2 months later...

I've used Airsoft World to buy a few things. They charge alot for delivery (£7?) but it comes next day every time. Their customer service leaves a lot to be desired, when I emailed them about a problem they didn't reply for about two weeks. I phoned them in the end and spoke to a guy who made me feel an inch tall because my problem was 'a simple fix' to him. Definitely not my first resort for stuff, but the website is good, and they have a few good items.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

When I called them to enquire about delivery terms, the guy was rather rude and had a bit of a "can't be arsed" attitude.

When I said the purchase would be for a £350 AEG he suddenly sprang to life, but by then it was too late, suffice to say I made my purchase elsewhere.

Good for you.

Voting with your wallet is the only way these companies will up their game.

Ive spent a lot of money on gear since that rifle purchase and none of it has gone in their direction.

If they had taken a bit more care with phone calls and responses in that encounter, they could have made a lot more money.

• Supporters

I ordered my first ever AEG from these when i knew little about Airsoft, so it was a two tone and I paid £185 G&G M4 Carbine plus £20 Two toning ( What a JOKE ) and it took 6 weeks to arrive, my mate ordered the same one at the same time his took a week and half but fell to pieces on first use and I mean TOOOOOO PIECES.

I've only ever made three orders with them, the second one I spent about £850 with them and all arrived in time and in perfect order, the third was like £40 but took ages to arrive and it was crap they sent so tried to return took three months just to get an RMA number from them.

It would appear to me that if your spending a decent amount of money they will look after you to a certain fashion or degree but spend a little and they simply couldn't give a shit about your custom, personally they are falling closely inline with Just BB Guns which are a joke in themselves away.

• 1 month later...

Airsoft World is just around the corner from where I live. The guys there are about the most helpful guys that I have met in the (excuse the pun) airsoft world, aside from most of the guys on this forum or course! Have bought most of my guns from them (other than my first AEG which I got from *DUN DUN DUUUUUUNNNNNN* JustBBGuns) and have had guns recommended to me before making a potentially stupid mistake

• 3 months later...

Be carful buying from this lot, I placed an order...paid & got a conformation e-mail saying it was dispatched with a tracking number.........nothing! UPS Tracking number not recognised, no answer on the phones, answer machine full so cant leave a message, no reply from several emails....can't believe it! I'd never recommend buying from this lot, EVER!

strange i have had no problems. dunno other people experiences but thats mine. everything was delivered on time and tracked. have people had similar experiences to nemisis? i was under the impression they were reliable?

My type97b came from Airsoft world, delivered next day, had a slight warranty issue the other day, called them, no problems, questions or anything, sent out parts for me to replace that arrived the next day, far better than other retailers I have dealt with

I've been trying to get through on their 08 number for 3 days now (calling 30-40 times a day) no answer on any option I press! I still don't have a response from them by email & I've sent 6 over the last 3 days.....I'm going to have to buy everything I brought from them all over again from a proper retailer & they still have my money!!!!!

I can now confirm that I have made contact with Airsoft World & spoken to man who has promised to make all my problems go away, he explained to me that they don't not use the answer machine service so that's why it's full. He was alone & very busy in the shop & that must be why I couldn't get them on the phone over the last 3 days & the faults it's my order is with their warehouse man who hasn't done his job properly.....however this I must say very helpful guy I spoke to is modifying a battery & sending it out along with the other bits I ordered this afternoon so I receive it tomorrow. If this happens then I retract my complaint completely but still think they need another person to deal with issues by phone, if I'd have been able to talk to someone this issue would never have arisen.

Although my problem was different, they have an inability to return phone calls and emails.

Personally, I dont care if they are busy, understaffed or whatever.

If you pay them to do a job, you expect them to do it. Part of running a business is talking and communicating with your customers when things go wrong. Hiding from customers and only communicating when payment is witheld is no way to go on.

I had a conversation with a guy on a Facebook group a few weeks ago and when I told him what I thought about AW he assured me all was well now and they did have a few problems.

From what youve said, I wonder.

There is a simple answer to the answering machine, disconnect it and dont use it if you dont intend to listen to it.

I mean, really, what a load of BS.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had similar problems as in the previous posts. Placed an order with express delivery option - couple of days later the status of the order shows as dispatched - a week later nothing has turned up.

Phoned them several time over the course of a course of a couple of days and was eventually able to speak to someone (answer service doesn't work as mentioned previously). Assured that my order would go out on the next working day and that there had been a mess up at the warehouse.

Tried phoning the next day to make sure the order was going to go out so that someone would be around to receive it - no answer on the phone.

This lack of customer service is deplorable. Suffice to say that when (of indeed if ever) I get my order I will NOT be using Airsoft World again.

Avoid.

Ive never had any issues with them, but then I can just pop into the shop and speak to them.

They are always busy, so some extra staff would really help....

Ive never had any issues with them, but then I can just pop into the shop and speak to them.

They are always busy, so some extra staff would really help....

The main reason that I use them the most is because of how local they are to me.

Never had a problem with them myself, the few times I've rung to query something the phone has been answered and the problem sorted, likewise always found their mail service reliable. Sad to hear about others issues though, I guess it only takes 1 bad experience to put people off.

• 2 months later...

Monday the 7th 10am i phone Airsoft world and order my gun, get it delivered to my work. Wanted it for the weekend 5 days notice is more then enough.

I pay for 24 hour shipping UPS , they say it should be with you Tues/Wed latest

I notice the money does not come out my account till Tues.

Mrs Birthday Wed i take day off work thinking the gun will be waiting at my work Thurs when i turn up

Thurs its not at work?! i phone Airsoft world 9.35am

They tell me the order is pending because they have not received payment??!!

I tell them the money left my account and says to Airsoft world on my bank statement ? They say they have not had it and i must contact my bank as it could be in some middle place being held.

I rush to my bank who tell me there is know middle place it goes from my account direct to there account. The bank give me a copy of my statement and a receipt transaction number.

I phone Airsoft world to give them all this info ect and they say they still cant find the money and will email me back to let me know whats going on. I say I WANT A PHONE CALL??!! They say ill get an Email. Guy seems annoyed at me.

1 hour later i phone again and the guy says his waiting for the owner to look into it.

1 hour later again the guy phones me, says O we found the money sorry. The gun is now set to be shipped you should have it tomorrow, Friday.

No refund on my shipping ? No Sorry. 5 days and all the hassle and hours lost

This shop is a joke. Online banking is so easy now to use that the fact they were running this shop this bad is either there conning people or they really are that bad an should not be in business.

Rant over.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.