changin from two tone to normal

tomo9992
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

i'd look around the forums and other retail sites first.. otherwise its gonna cost you for the gat + parts.

wouldnt it be cheaper to buy it as a RIF then get it two tone then RIF it?

i'd look around the forums and other retail sites first.. otherwise its gonna cost you for the gat + parts.

wouldnt it be cheaper to buy it as a RIF then get it two tone then RIF it?

what do you mean look around? for the metal body, or for a gun?

how much would i expect to pay for a metal body new/2nd hand. i was also liking the price :lol: as RIFs seem to be abit more expensive...

thanks ;)

• Supporters

yes, BUT! and this is a big but, you would need to find the G&G blowback metal bodies as a normal metal body wouldnt fit as the gearbox is a different design and shape, this would be very hard to come by i would spray it black.

yes i was thinking just spraying it black would be soooo much easyer.

@memcwho;

I did spot that also and liked that its full metal (except the obvious) but is doesnt have blow back :( which is pretty cool :) im tempted by the two tbh, i suppose how much funds are in the bank at the time of purchase will determin which one i got for.

any other suggestions/oppinions?

thanks

• Supporters

i would hardly call it a blowback, just the fake bolt moves back and forth get an AEG get UKARA'd and if your still after blowback get a Gas M4. Kingarms would be my choice also.

what do you mean look around? for the metal body, or for a gun?

how much would i expect to pay for a metal body new/2nd hand. i was also liking the price :lol: as RIFs seem to be abit more expensive...

thanks ;)

i meant look around for a gun :) almost all forums have a section for the sale of second hand RIFs but be very cautious when buying second hand.. some people are dirty dastards and will happily sell you a knackered gun and tell you its the best thing since sliced bread

i would hardly call it a blowback, just the fake bolt moves back and forth get an AEG get UKARA'd and if your still after blowback get a Gas M4. Kingarms would be my choice also.

I agree with most of this (I have no idea if KA M4s are the best, as I've never seen one in the flesh, but I'll trust Matt here :lol: )

I'd honestly avoid AEGs w/ blowback like dangerous levels of radiation.

I have yet to be convinced that it is possible to have blowback on an AEG without causing mass and huge failure to your gun. Unless, the AEG has a seperate motor for the blowback. But then, we go down the road of wasting battery power...

(If I had a quid for everytime I have said, or heard someone say "me ruddie pistons gone again!" I could have bought a STAR L86 LSW. At the orrigional UK price...)

If you really want blowback - get a GBB. When you get UKARA'd.

You'd be wasting your money buying an AEG now and then UKARA, RiF GBB (unless you have a good few years to go until you get UKARA'd) Some people will not two-tone a GBB for you, as they believe the paint can somehow damage the gun's workings. I doubt this, but I'm not a gun smith.

Some people do sell the gun parts on their own - such as upper recievers for M4/M16 types in forums, under gear/spares/parts, although I don't think anyone is currently on here.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived