"USMC/Army Ranger" styled M4 CQBR

Hav0c
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

First off, lets get the sniggers, laughs and "awww heres another player wanting an M4 with a RIS" out of the way and get down the the topic of this thread.

I'm in the market for a new gun that can cope with most ranges and be very versatile. I'm basically in the market for a M4 CQBR, preferably all metal with good spec internals.

This is to go with the sort of Merc/Renegade Soldier loadout - NOT a PMC (lol I know) - which my "team" (not really a team, just a bunch of guys who play airsoft together) have.

So yeah, a M4, probably the most common gun to ever take part in a skirmish, but I want one, and I shall make it mine *insert Jarhead rifle quote here*.

I've been browsing the net and have been playing a while so I would like to think I know which brands are good and bad and which models these brands produce are good and bad (to an extent). I came up with a list of four rifles which I would like to buy that would fit the USMC/Army Ranger M4 and came up with these:

1. ICS M4 CQB RIS: http://www.wolfarmouries.co.uk/airsoft/bb/product.asp?page=product&id=ICS127

2. ARES M4 CQBR: http://www.wolfarmouries.co.uk/airsoft/bb/product.asp?page=product&id=AR021

3. Classic Army M15A4 CQBR: http://www.wolfarmouries.co.uk/airsoft/bb/product.asp?page=product&id=14970

4. G&P M4 CQBR: http://www.wolfarmouries.co.uk/airsoft/bb/product.asp?page=product&id=GP306

Or. a 5th choice of my friends M4 CQBR which he may be selling.

PS, I know 3 is out of stock.

Whatever one I do eventually get I will be putting a 370mm/14.5" 6.03 barrel in it along with a madbull blue hop.

What d'you guys think I should go for?

Thanks in advance for not ridiculing me because I posted an M4 topic,

Hav0c

• Supporters

I think the G&P M4 CQBR, I have a G&P M16 with MadBull blue hop and tight bore, which is the same internally as the M4, same gearbox, same hop, slightly shorter barrel in the M4, which will make no difference.

It performs really well, very nice accuracy and range, and I get a high rate of fire and trigger response when running with 8.4v 3700mAh batteries. Possibly one of my favourite things about G&P is the external quality. Real trademarks engraved rather than painted and high quality metal and plastic (stock, pistol grip) parts.

Also, Wolf Armouries are expensive, £360 for the G&P!? The same gun is on Fire Support for £328, with flip up rear sight instead of the fixed one, and comes with a 30mm red dot sight, here; http://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/gp-cqbr-aeg--colt-body-airsoft-gun-aeg

The G&G just isnt tickling my fancy enough as the G&P is though. The shop near me sells the Tr-4 cqbr for £275 and that has no trades on it and fixed rear sight, no included aimpoint replica either which is £37 quid which isnt that much of a difference to the G&P at that shop which is £330 all inc.

Plus, I think that G&P generally are higher quality than most G&G products, the shop has an 18month warranty, and it's 40 mins from where i live so i could go and pick up with fuel costing less than postage.

And to LiamPorter, I was just using wolf as an example man, I know most of their stock is a tad over-priced :P

• Supporters

I cannot comment on g&p quality, as I have zero experience. But so far I have no complaints on my g&g in any way, don't let there price put you off, as I believe some guns you pay for the brand.

I cannot comment on g&p quality, as I have zero experience. But so far I have no complaints on my g&g in any way, don't let there price put you off, as I believe some guns you pay for the brand.

Like you, I have no first hand experience with G&P although many players at my site have G&P AR platform guns and they have never had any complaints. However, with G&G, a few people have complained about the external quality with there being quite a lot of wobble and that the RIS just doesn't look quite right.

And yes, I also agree with some people you do pay for the brand, much like some designer clothing. Again, however, I would compare G&G to maybe Ben Sherman, good quality clothing but sometimes it just doesn't feel 100% right. And G&P, I would personally compare to maybe Fred Perry, where you pay that little bit extra but when you look at them side by side to Ben Sherman, you see that Fred Perry has that little more class and just looks better on someone but then again can come down to personal preference to which you like to wear; much like G&G compared to G&P.

• 2 weeks later...

Like you, I have no first hand experience with G&P although many players at my site have G&P AR platform guns and they have never had any complaints. However, with G&G, a few people have complained about the external quality with there being quite a lot of wobble and that the RIS just doesn't look quite right.

And yes, I also agree with some people you do pay for the brand, much like some designer clothing. Again, however, I would compare G&G to maybe Ben Sherman, good quality clothing but sometimes it just doesn't feel 100% right. And G&P, I would personally compare to maybe Fred Perry, where you pay that little bit extra but when you look at them side by side to Ben Sherman, you see that Fred Perry has that little more class and just looks better on someone but then again can come down to personal preference to which you like to wear; much like G&G compared to G&P.

G&P's a fine choice, very good quality, but as a G&P owner, I'd recommend under a LI-PO as my G&P's broke due to possible strain.. So take my advice and purchase either a 7.4 Lipo or a 8.4v

Archived