Giving Up ):

Overlordd
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
the high cap holds a quite a low amount for a high cap

and for the convenience of an easy reload 4 quid is nothing

right hi-caps DO NOT NEED A SPEED LOADER and 600rnds is a lot for a standard hi-cap

saw you were reading this post so i added a new one so you would see it, my mum has huge safety issues about airsoft, could you put my mums mind to rest about...

she doesnt like the idea of me having a "gun"

she doesnt want me firing BBs at people (even tho itl be 100% safe because ill only fire it in skirmish sites or in my backyard alone)

and some other queries like the fact i could get injured.

and is the gun any good?

• Supporters
saw you were reading this post so i added a new one so you would see it, my mum has huge safety issues about airsoft, could you put my mums mind to rest about...

she doesnt like the idea of me having a "gun"

she doesnt want me firing BBs at people (even tho itl be 100% safe because ill only fire it in skirmish sites or in my backyard alone)

and some other queries like the fact i could get injured.

and is the gun any good?

sure no problem, i had the same problem with my folks

the point i made to my parents is to not think of it as a "gun" as such more of a piece of "sports equipment" (after all airsoft is a sport)

providing you are wearing the correct protective equipment you rarely ever feel the bb's as pain if you get my point as you often hear it hit you

the sport is perfectly safe (otherwise it wouldn't be played)

all sites make sure their players play to their particular safety standards

i think what i have put make sense if not just tell me

nutster

hmm the reply i added didnt seem to register

could you please write a personal one to my mum explaining that, because its a nuicanse that she thinks its dangerous and illegal.

her names lea

thanks mate

-A

• Supporters

i can't do the personal one to your mum right now so ill do that tomorrow if that is ok with her

as for your list

Brand New Shopping List [Click Too See!] (again:P) :-

Mesh Goggles = £7.99 fine

Viper Neoprene Comfort Mask = £7.99 personally wouldnt get

Speed Loader (only get one HiCap with gun and i dont wanna buy another) not needed

Two-Tone JG MP5 A4 = £119.95 fine, but i would get another mag as mp5 hi-caps are only 200rnd

'BAW Tube' 5.5K BB Super-Deal (Single bottle) 5500 0.20g BB's = £8.99 fine

'BAW Bag' 3K BB Super-Deal (Single refill bag) 3000 0.20g BB's = £4.99 just get one above

Replica MICH 2000 helmet (mum has "safety issues ) = £24.99 you will find this more of a hinderence than help and you will be safe without it

TOTAL=£142.20 (without shipping and incl. VAT)

• AF-UK Founding Member

I think you are jumping the gun a little deciding what you want already, go take a skirmish at Dragon Valley, let your Mum speak to some guys there. Then when you have had a good go and seen how it all works, come and post back with your new ideas what you want and we will be keen to help.

• Supporters
I think you are jumping the gun a little deciding what you want already, go take a skirmish at Dragon Valley, let your Mum speak to some guys there. Then when you have had a good go and seen how it all works, come and post back with your new ideas what you want and we will be keen to help.

Spot on. let your mum speak to the folks who run the place, there the guys who will pursuade her they will go over any quieries about safty or the game etc.

As for you list.

Mesh Goggles = £7.99 as your 13/14 your gonna need a full face mask.

Viper Neoprene Comfort Mask = £7.99 - probally make you fog up (with the above)

Speed Loader (only get one HiCap with gun and i dont wanna buy another) speed loaders are unneeded in my opinion just use the bottle to poor in the BB's job done.

Two-Tone JG MP5 A4 = £119.95 - a good starter gun

'BAW Tube' 5.5K BB Super-Deal (Single bottle) 5500 0.20g BB's = £8.99 - good for a few games.

'BAW Bag' 3K BB Super-Deal (Single refill bag) 3000 0.20g BB's = £4.99 unneeded if you need more you can purchase them at your site.

Replica MICH 2000 helmet (mum has "safety issues ) = £24.99 - the word "Replica" doesnt spell safty in my opinion. it isnt designed for bumps on the head etc, ofc they should test it but i doubt it as its probally a china make. it will probally be uncomfty and a pain in the Arse to carry, in the summer your going to burn up aswell.

You dont seem to be listening to other peoples advice, thats what were trying to give you.

Also forgot to mention, you dont have to purchase all this squiptment to enjoy airsoft, buy the gun and have fun, OR! do what a lot of people do and rent whenever you feel like going.

• Supporters
Can't find a shop with everything I need including the gun in stock

If someone finds a shop with the gun extra mags BBs and a face mask, it would be really helpfull

Thanks

You dont need these items now, wait till your b-day and im sure they will be in stock.

also www.google.com is a good place to start.

• AF-UK Founding Member

The standard Tamiya ones are not the most efficient and with that gun it is the large style ones, so it takes up quite a lot space.

These are the most efficient and a good size of connector:

http://component-shop.co.uk/

(Click Leads/Connectors in navigation and scroll down to Deans)

You would need 2 male connectors and 2 female, since you have to do the gun, plus charger. It might be wise to get 3 if you aren't the best at soldering - therefore you will have a spare. Check out the rest of the stock on that site too, useful for batteries, and a good peak fast charger (one that detects when the battery is full rather than just leaving it on a trickle charger for 7 ish hours)

Say what?

You lost me after the first paragraph

This is over-complicated for me

If someone could put together some links with a decent two tone gun (just around the £100 mark) with a hicap or two some BBs and a facemask, all in the same place and in stock

I'd be really greatfull

Thanks

-Aaron

cba to edit the last post.

Anyone know were i could buy a JG mp5 a4 mag? there isnt any anywere! :(

okie dokie

last post i think

im gonna get a JG G36C with some extra mags a face guard and an extra battery because the battery on its pathetic apparently, some bbs and an extra hicap (420rds)

-A

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Two tone guns arent rubbish, just a different colour, had a few pass through my hands now and theyre exactly the same as the black versions, two had been painted black and it was hard to tell the difference until they were opened as they hadnt been sprayed inside and you could see the flouro green.

You should shop around a bit on prices and not expect to get it all from one place. I expect you or your mum have a ebay account, have some patience and order in from ehobbyasia, hobby city, or. www.rsov.com www.redwolf.com in hong kong, I pay about £5 for magazines and £4 for full face masks.

Speedloader only if you use pistols or low capacity magazine, honestly its a red herring for you. A better way of carrying spare bbs is to use a soft sunglasses case with a drawstring, mine holds 2,700 and you can funnel the top into the mags quite easily. Because its a soft bag the bbs dont rattle like in a speedloader or a bottle.

The battery on the JG G36c is ok, both of mine did a days skirmish or about 2000 bbs before having to be recharged. Usually in the safezone as well. An extra battery or even two is a good choice. www.component-shop.co.uk is the best place in the uk for them. Its a good gun for indoor or woodland, Ive got a mp5 as well and in a straight choice its the g36 every day. Its ###### good and well built with a lot of custom options available. Dont worry about the connectors yet, theyre ok but worth doing as a future upgrade. You can buy a large handguard for the g36 which takes a monster battery for instance.

A quick note to your mum, remind her that this sport is still growing and shed have no problem taking you to paintball? This sport is very safe, remind her that youre wearing goggles at all times, youll get a few small stingy welts and perhaps a few head eggs, its a lot safer than rollerblading or skateboarding for instance. Perhaps show her a list of rules from the site youre going to be skirmishing at?

• 1 year later...

Archived