Hi all, im new to airsoft, need some gun help if possible.

bmx-mac10
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

A few of my friends have BB guns and mess about, recently wev talked about setting up a few games to i decided to get myself a gun however iv decided rather than spend 30 quid on a one month wonder, il spend a bit more and get a gun to last. My favourite gun next to the ak47 is the mac10/11 and iv noticed several replicas however many are way way out my price range. the hfc m11 however is under 100 pounds so im willing to spend up to that buying one. only trouble is i cant find any in the uk online. does anybody have an idea where it might be possible to find one or another m10/11 gas or aeg i could get instead.

thanks.

Hey there! I'm new to all this too. I had a quick look around there too and there's nothing I can see up for grabs in your price range. However, it might be worth checking out this irish site... http://hobbyairsoft.ie ...try contacting them and see if they can order somethingin. You might end up making a saving with the exchange rate between euros and pounds. Or, if you like AKs check out this clearance page at action hobbies action hobbies ...they seem to have some cracking looking AKs in at knock down prices!

thanks for the help guys, i think i might phone up one of the sites and see if they can order things in, itl also need to be 2 toned ( i may go to 3 skirmishes and get registered but the nearest one is 100 miles away )

as for gas weapons being high maintenance could u give me an idea of what actually needs done to keep them in running order? thanks

• Supporters

has to be kept clean, before and after each skirmish.

regularly oiled and lubed (not WD40, use silicone based lubricants)

use the right gas for your gun.

keep the air seals well lued to keep them from drying out and leaking.

keep barrel super clean and spotless to get accuracy out of a M11 at range.

for a beginner, it is just a faff.

wheras an AEG is:

clean barrel.

get mud off the externals if desired.

hmm that does sound like a lot of work. i think keeping it clean and all would be easy however the lubrication and checking of the seals i would definately need to do very carefully the first few times. its just finding the da gun thats the hard bit. thanks for all the help

• 3 weeks later...
Hey there! I'm new to all this too. I had a quick look around there too and there's nothing I can see up for grabs in your price range. However, it might be worth checking out this irish site... http://hobbyairsoft.ie ...try contacting them and see if they can order somethingin. You might end up making a saving with the exchange rate between euros and pounds. Or, if you like AKs check out this clearance page at action hobbies action hobbies ...they seem to have some cracking looking AKs in at knock down prices!

hi im also new to airsoft, i went today at pheonix in notts and was amazing, ive caught the bug i guess, im looking to buy my first gun, wouldnt mind a ww2 thompson or mp40, or british standard L85, just wouldnt mind knowing best sites and makes if possible, thnks ..

Dude wait till your UKARA reg just rent for now

yea im waiting for that, you have to go 3 times in 2 months i think, im going again this saturday coming and then weekend after, i'll be buying a gun more or less straight after that, just wouldnt mind knowing best sites or makes, thnks

Well Action Hobbies sell good starter guns and at a reasonible price your looking about £140-£160 for a decent one (just of the top of my head though)

thanks for that, would it be a mistake to be rushing in to buy a gun at about £200-£250 with me being a new comer and all? was wanting a gun i could attach bits on like sights, silencers, so on

• Supporters
thanks for that, would it be a mistake to be rushing in to buy a gun at about £200-£250 with me being a new comer and all? was wanting a gun i could attach bits on like sights, silencers, so on

not at all if you find you really enjoy the sport!

I only say £140 - £160 because you dont want to spend lots of money on a gun then find you dont like it BUT if you have well and truly caught the bug then go for it but remeber just buying a gun might not be enought for you.

Any airsofter will tell you you will ethier get hooked on gear or get hooked on building a massive airsoft armory

Anyway the point i am trying to make is dont go spending ALL your money on one thing there is LOTS of stuff to buy in airsoft so just pace yorself :)

I only say £140 - £160 because you dont want to spend lots of money on a gun then find you dont like it BUT if you have well and truly caught the bug then go for it but remeber just buying a gun might not be enought for you.

Any airsofter will tell you you will ethier get hooked on gear or get hooked on building a massive airsoft armory

Anyway the point i am trying to make is dont go spending ALL your money on one thing there is LOTS of stuff to buy in airsoft so just pace yorself :)

I know, i havnt even bought a gun yet and ive already made a list a mile long of what i want, but yea thanks for your help and opinions, one last thing, is there a site you could recommend me on where to buy tac vests and gear ect.

Erm depends what you are looking for? Chest rigs? Tac Vests? BDUs? Molle?

Give me your list in ether a PM or here (depends on if you want to to be privert??) and will find the best allround website for ya ;)

Give me your list in ether a PM or here (depends on if you want to to be privert??) and will find the best allround website for ya ;)

hmm well just like a full set up really, tac vest, helmet, holsters, trousers, just the lot really, and thanks so much for all your help,

hmm well just like a full set up really, tac vest, helmet, holsters, trousers, just the lot really, and thanks so much for all your help,

Archived