NAE13 The Ground Zero Weekender

Ian_Gere
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

NAE13 Squad Colours  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which faction do you think an AF_UK squad should join?

• Bravo - a collection of mercenaries and renegades.
    • Delta - the elite, organised troops.
    • The Others - whose idea of fun is causing as much death and disruption as possible!

• Supporters

Yeah most people from here are going on "The Others", although I think I'm gonna go on Delta, same as I did last year, will still camp same area as you guys though.

That's if I go though, had to spend £350 on my car this month and need another £220 on tax next month.

The cut off date for booking and paying deposit is 1st August, then anything left to pay after then is paid on the day.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well my misses might be going away to visit her old man in france for a weekend in august so this maybe an opportunity for me. be nice to meet everyone lol

• Supporters

Anyone from london going?

I'll probably be going via London on trains & tube: St. Pancras Intl. -> Waterloo -> Salisbury from where I'll be either getting a lift or the bus to Ringwood.

Well, I'm using ELC but my last deployment was extended into April so I missed my course and it messed up my ELC claim so ive to wait till after next April to claim again but I'll be outside by then so I've had to borrow some. Plus paying back my LSAP in big lumps doesn't help! You on any resettlement?

• Supporters

Anyway, do we have a list of who's actually coming along? I think it might be approaching the time where we need to start getting properly organised.

Especially if people are in need of lifts and such.

• Supporters

Well Ed, only 2 people have PM'd me with contact deets: Geoff & Richard (Stormhall) so that's 3 + you. Are you going to send me yours? It makes it easier for me to have them all in a folder on here rather than messing about looking in various places...

PS What is that squeaking? Oh right, the sound of men squirming about under a massive thumb...

• Supporters

Eh up, lads. So, with the event fast approaching, I've been desultorily getting my sh!t together. I've come across this which is a massive improvement over the line drawing maps we were supplied with last year. The only problem is that it's a massive file intended to be printed in A3 size. There's nothing to stop you or anyone else from printing it smaller, it's just that the labelling gets very small.

I've produced an edit with a larger white font on black / semi-transparent black text boxes, place markers, and larger Dead Zone markers. Again it's a stupidly large file, so I can't just upload it to imageshack etc. and I just cba to find a webhost for it! I've designed it to be printed in size 216mm x 139mm and I will have 10 of them with me at the event - £1 each to cover the printing & P&P. They will be in large postcard format: glossy picture on one side, greyscale on the other. It will cost me £6.97, I'll be keeping one, so you can see a quid each is the easiest way to go...

Oh yeah, I'm also working on a Googlemap layer of the site, but that may have to be finished on site, because there are discrepancies between the satellite image, Rampage's map, and the various line maps I've got for reference and I either can't remember the spots well enough, or I didn't go there.

• Supporters

Sorry totally missed this, I'm sure you've got my mobile number already, Ian? That'll be the only way to get hold of me once I leave the house.

its late and really couldn't be bothered to trawl through every message, i have only found this forum today as was just googling through different areas as i was bored. if anyone is interested i'm from the nottingham area and we have organised a 15 seater mini bus to take a few troops from there, feel free to message me on here or find me on FB "Neil Darkins" and i will sort out the price its going to cost. we have a few spare seats so far but filling up fast :-)

• Supporters

its late and really couldn't be bothered to trawl through every message, i have only found this forum today as was just googling through different areas as i was bored. if anyone is interested i'm from the nottingham area and we have organised a 15 seater mini bus to take a few troops from there, feel free to message me on here or find me on FB "Neil Darkins" and i will sort out the price its going to cost. we have a few spare seats so far but filling up fast :-)

PM'd - I'm so glad somebody has got this together. I wanted to myself, but i) i don't have a driving licence, and ii) i don't know enough airsofters well enough for it to go beyond the, "yeah, that's a good idea..." stage!

Will be there with some mates but making my own way down, hopefully will see a few of you around (oh and I'll be on the 'Others' team too) :)

• Supporters

If you want to make meeting up a likely possibility Lep,, pm me your phone number. Just before the event i'll pm everyone whose number i've received with a list of t'others. Oh yeah, add the name/nickname you go by pls.

BTW, those printed maps have turned up and they'll do ok for navigatting from i think. If i was to do it again i'd add a bit of yellow to the paths, just to make them stand out a bit more, but you can see them in grey.

Archived