Another noob!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys and gals! Please excuse me, I'm probably the latest in a long continuous line of newbies to airsoft!

I finally look set to be taking part in my first skirmish some time soon. I bought myself an MP5 a while back just before the law changed with a view to getting into airsoft, but I never got round to it. Now it turns out a guy I work with is on a team and has offered to get me in on a game!

So, I'll no doubt be hassling you lot on here for advice, tips, etc between now and forever!

Cheers Matt! You reckon the MP5 will hold up in a woodland type setting? Think that's where the first game I'll be involved in will be. I'd imagine it's great in a close quarters type environment but I'm just hoping it holds it's own against all the assault rifles!

Well as you've probably guessed I've not been able to get any real use of it yet other than a bit of target practice in the back garden! Seems like it'd be pretty deadly in the wrong hands! My mate from work reckons JG are pretty reliable although he recommends me getting a new battery for it as apparently the stock batteries don't last all that long?

I was looking at it the other day wondering how easy it'd be to modify it to have a solid stock and the traditional front end rather than the foregrip it has at the moment. I'd imagine the stock would be an easy change but the front end might not be so easy as the battery is housed in the foregrip.

Nice one! Well I'll need to look out for a front and stock now then! At the very least I can re-enact Die Hard at home with the addition of a dirty vest! Haha! In fact, maybe that'd make a good game?

...Take an adandoned building of some sort, office block would be best. One player has to don a dirty vest and remove their shoes while the rest of the players play the part of the german terrorists, hunting him down! I'd imagine it would be PAINFUL AS HELL in just the vest! But come on, who here hasn't wished they were John McClane at some point? For added realism use the same radio channel as the terrorist team to wise crack with their leader while in cover.

That's also reassuring about the battery cheers!

Archived