GunNut

Classic Army AK-47

10 posts in this topic

I bought a £160 Classic Army AK-47 recently to find it had stopped working within a week of use. I phoned up the company I bought it from and they said to send it in for repair. They then called a week later saying there was a gearbox malfunction, but they had fixed it. I got it back in the post the following day to find that it would still not fire! I had a look at the fuse which had blown. My dad who is a bit of a DIY god said that it probably wouldn't work with a new fuse anyway, something else was wrong. Anyway the fuse in the gun is a 1.5 and I tried a 3 just to be sure and it didn't work, as expected.

Also the magazine on the gun is very wobbly and not a good fit. Overall I am not happy with Classic Army at all! I will try to get a refund from the company and buy a better one.

And now to the main point of this topic: Which is the best manufacturer out there for standard AK-47s?

Thank you.

sounds to me like you got a lemon there, CA are usually quite good

Yep. I have tried without the fuse and still nothing.

The guy in my local shop had a Tactical AK-47 for £140 that looked quite cool. If I do manage to get a refund is it worth getting a Tactical?

If you like what you currently have the most, I'd try and get another because I think you've just gotten unlucky, if you prefer the tactical then switch - advantage is you get rails :)

You got the battery plugged in? ;) lol

Nah but it might be the battery

was this a classic army sportline? its not like a classic army proline to be crap? your warranty should cover replacement as long as you don't fiddle with anything you shouldn't be, i know it sounds silly but some shops may think you putting a different fuse in is tampering so be careful :)

Thanks for the advice. Yeah, it was a sportline. Are they bad?

i havent heard any complaints about them, classic army are a really good make, you just got a lemon dont worry about it and get it replaced.

Cyma make cracking AK's, full metal for around £140, though they will need a spring downgrade as they fire at 380-400 fps. I have had a few of these and they are great guns. SRC gen3's are also supposed to be very very good at around £170.

JG also make quite good AK's as well, including a tactical one, however they are pretty rare new now as they have been out of production for around 6 months

If you have the cash then g&g, VFC and Real sword make cracking ak's as well, but are over £300