Call Of Duty: Ghosts

Zak Da Mack
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So, that time of year again. Has anyone heard of the next call of duty game coming out? They are going to release the reveal trailer tomorrow apparently.

Bet £300 that it's going to be the same old crap as always? :)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm genuinely curious about this one.
I liked CoD 4 and MW2 ( it could have be a lot better - and MW3 was just down right awful), and liked the Cold War setting of Black Ops - so I'm hoping the game is set somewhere between 1950 and 2010.

Lets be honest though, it's all about the multiplayer these days, so looks like it'll be the same old 360-no-scopes crap.

So, that time of year again. Has anyone heard of the next call of duty game coming out? They are going to release the reveal trailer tomorrow apparently.

Bet £300 that it's going to be the same old crap as always? :)

New game engine genius... :)

Suppose so, but they won't use it to its full potential and will have similar multiplayer with..... DIFFERENT MAPS AND GUNS!!!

Actually, I just read an article saying that instead of just spawning, you may now rappel out of helicopters or down the sides of buildings.

New game engine? From a company that has like 3 employees left???

Might be a new engine, but i doubt it's actually going to be an improvement.

New game engine? From a company that has like 3 employees left???

Might be a new engine, but i doubt it's actually going to be an improvement.

Look I don't care about call of duty. I'm not a fan boy. But now you can roll around the map like some kind of mentally challenged armadillo...

But now you can roll around the map like some kind of mentally challenged armadillo...

Err what?

Sounds cool, but i bet that will be abused to become the new dropshot crap.

Don't forget the 360 quick scope followed by 180 throwing knife

Sounds cool, but i bet that will be abused to become the new dropshot crap.

And that is why everyone hates Call Of Duty :)

• Supporters

It'll be crap no doubt, same as the last 3 or 4 installments. I'll end up getting it to do the campaign which on the older CODs I enjoyed, (esp. cod4) hope this one will be better than the more recent rubbish.

Multi player will be useless, that's almost a given these days unfortunately, hopefully there'll be spec ops missions, the mw2 ones were quite fun.

It won't be hard for it to better mw3 or black ops2 but I won't be getting my hopes up :lol:

I like the modern warfare series purely on the story and basically just treated them like a film not a game and so if this is a continuation of that then I just want to see what happens.

When they came out I did like CoD4 and WaW but things started going drastically downhill and Black Ops 2 was just painful to play. I feel they're still riding off their previous success rather than doing anything new to warrant any praise.

As for "Ghost" if they try to go futuristic or ultra modern it'll be crap, like black ops 2 and a lot of MW3. However, if they actually make it a bit more old school, so before the events of CoD4 or MW2 then there is hope still it won't be entirely crap. Also they need to remove the whole, whoever empties their mag into the other person first wins thing and make bullets actually able to kill you in a few shots.

It would also be good if they removed the amount of animations and not have the usual, press X to rappel and then the game rappels for you.

Also is it too much to ask that they model guns vaguely like their realistic counterparts they claim they are? I mean a RIS on the side of a L86 receiver?

I should probably admit I am an ArmA or Medal of Honor gamer so do enjoy my realism so CoD wouldn't be the best for that :D

• Supporters

As for "Ghost" if they try to go futuristic or ultra modern it'll be crap, like black ops 2 and a lot of MW3.

I'd put those the other way round, mw3 didn't really have any good in it IMO. Even the single player campaign was boring ans repetitive. Survival and spec tops were a let down too. Black ops2 wasn't much better addmitantly but it did have zombies which isn't too bad, though still not as good as the earlier zombies maps but still better than the entirety of mw3's content.

• Supporters

Why are they changing the game engine?

COD has always had a unique feel to playing it (you don't handle like you do on BF or Op Flashpoint, for example) which I quite liked, works well for multiplayer.

Now, I'll admit I haven't played the last 3 games, but the reason I left the series is because of the players, not the game.

If I wanted to be screamed at by a 12 year old for 3 hours down a microphone, I'd go to a Justin Bieber concert.

Well, here it is. And as usual, it tells us sweet- FA about it.

Sweet mother of crap, it looks like someone got bored and raided the wardrobe department from the pricks over at Deadliest Warrior. And not in a good way.

Given the tacticool M4s at the end, I have a feeling that my hopes of a game set somewhere between 1979 and 2010 have gone out of the window.

The balaclava he's wearing at the end reminds me of the KKK masks in Django Unchained, as its just be craply made!

Worst reveal trailer everything. Still, get to see it at the new xbox reveal :) That should be interesting (the new xbox, not COD)

More money-grabbing, overdramatic, noob-friendly trash from Infinity Ward?

No thanks. I'll stick to Arma.

EDIT: And airsoft. :P

• Supporters

Ahem. Battlefield 4.

Thread closed :3

Only joking.

But yeah. CoD is shit. Crap Overdramatic Dung.

I are genius.

I are genius.

Your grammar says it all :)

Not sure about battlefield but I fear it may be repetitive and turn into another COD-fest. Hopefully not but we'll see. Next game on my list is Splinter Cell: Blacklist (No hate plz) :) I mean they're bringing SPIES VS MERCS BACK!!!!

Another game I'm looking forward to is Watch Dogs, that looks VERY good.

Edit: Wow. I've just gone off topic in my own thread...

• Supporters

Well we are in the "Off topic" section, and it's not like we're particularly bothered about people going wildly off topic regardless of the sub forum...

We love a bit o' banter here at AF-UK.

But yah. What was the Splinter Cell game where you had a suppressed FN 5-7, even when it didn't have one on it...? You could hang from ceilings and get points to spend on cinematically shooting people in the face whilst jumping about and shit.

That game was pretty great.

Other than that, the first ever Splinter Cell game was the most impossible thing in the universe. I think with old school console games, there was a point where the difficulty level surpassed what the game was capable of portraying with the graphics it had and stuff. Things like depth perception in platform games and ledges in Splinter Cell, along with enemies, targets, cameras, hidden paths in shadows etc etc.

If they made the games again, with HD graphics and stuff so you could actually see, and better sound so you could get a feel for the area better and shit like then, it'd be easy then.

But back in the day, the game wasn't good enough for it to be possible on the harder settings, unless you played it with a process of elimination, where you just ran into shadows, or shot stuff, then based on whether it worked or not, made a note of whether or not to do it again.

That said, now games make everything impossibly obvious, so retards can work everything out, and everything's shit unless the opponent is also a real person.

But yah. What was the Splinter Cell game where you had a suppressed FN 5-7, even when it didn't have one on it...? You could hang from ceilings and get points to spend on cinematically shooting people in the face whilst jumping about and shit.

That was splinter cell conviction. Love that game. The 5-7 has an integrated suppressor, which is why it's silent. Trying to complete all maps on infiltration mode on realistic difficulty. Now that is a challenge. I can't do it with out raging and losing my patience after getting spotted 20 times.

Other than that, the first ever Splinter Cell game was the most impossible thing in the universe. I think with old school console games, there was a point where the difficulty level surpassed what the game was capable of portraying with the graphics it had and stuff. Things like depth perception in platform games and ledges in Splinter Cell, along with enemies, targets, cameras, hidden paths in shadows etc etc.

If they made the games again, with HD graphics and stuff so you could actually see, and better sound so you could get a feel for the area better and shit like then, it'd be easy then.

I think they released a splinter cell HD version. Never heard of it since though.

That said, now games make everything impossibly obvious, so retards can work everything out, and everything's shit unless the opponent is also a real person.

So you are saying that COD multiplayer is good? Face-off on splinter cell was fun. Turn off gadgets and enemies. Enable pistols only and you have a fun game where you're hunting each other, pretty scary. You don't know what's going to pop up at the next corner :)

Archived