Hey!

Overlordd
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey all, thanks for welcoming to the forum (i think?)

ive put this here from an email i sent to someone and id be really happy if someone could answer the question,

i hope ill see you guys around the forum

----EMAIL----

ive been interested in starting airsoft for a while, and was wondering what i would need to start, ive found a website selling decent AEG's and .21 bbs (high grade) and a face guard with mesh eye cover.

(links for items:

Rifle: http://www.geniestuff.co.uk/m16a4-m83b2-el...-aeg-orange.htm

Ammo: http://www.geniestuff.co.uk/airsoft-ammunition.htm (2nd one down)

Mask: http://www.geniestuff.co.uk/airsoft-protec...sks-goggles.htm (3rd one down))

Im 13, 14 this may and im not sure if the age is an issue or not.

Id appreciate if you could point me in the right direction with what to buy/how to start the hobby

Thanks a lot

-Aaron

• AF-UK Founding Member

Welcome to the forums :)

Unfortunately you must be 18 to buy that yourself. Your parents can buy you it and give it to you as a gift if my memory serves me correclty. However that is not the best of guns and will not last a great deal of time. If you are seriously considering starting airsoft you are much better off spending around £100 on a decent clone AEG.

Another problem you might find is that most airsoft sites only allow 16 year olds and over to play. Some are lower, but you might have to travel further to get there.

Welcome to the forums :)

Unfortunately you must be 18 to buy that yourself. Your parents can buy you it and give it to you as a gift if my memory serves me correclty. However that is not the best of guns and will not last a great deal of time. If you are seriously considering starting airsoft you are much better off spending around £100 on a decent clone AEG.

Another problem you might find is that most airsoft sites only allow 16 year olds and over to play. Some are lower, but you might have to travel further to get there.

my mums on a budget due to the credit crunch

and ive found a skirmish site near that allows 14 year olds to play with ID and an adult present for £20 for a full day

www.dragonvalley.co.uk

if you could give me a recommendation for a cheap-ish "starter kit" or the like id be more than greatfull

thanks

-A

Cool

Are .21/.12 (can't remember what I linked) legal at all skirmish sites?

And my personal prefference is cheap awesome and AEG, so a point in a different direction would be fine

I am more acustomed to sniping really, are there any cheap aeg snipers that come with scope?

• Supporters

hey

i was looking at the rules for dragon valley and i noticed this:

"We can hire out all the equipment needed (AEG, mask, coveralls)."

basically this means that you wouldn't have to have your own aeg and so therefore instead of buying the one you linked at the top of the page you could save up over a period of time and buy a higher quality clone aeg, while still attending the dragon valley games and borrowing one of their guns

i hope what i have put makes sense if not pm me and ill explain in more detail

nutster

Archived