Is this a good buy

fat_eddie
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi Ive been offerde 2 guns there both jing gong 1 is a mp5 pdw the other is a nearly new mp5 veriant with upper and lower rails and and a m4 style stock Ive been told by the guy selling them its called a galexy but I cant find it eny where theres 2 batterys 2 chargers 6 hi cap mags 4 short mags and 4 long mags is it all worth the £300 price tag

If its a galaxy MP5 ris with m4 stock, then they are £60 new

http://www.rsov.com/index.php?target=produ...product_id=1843

if its a JG MP5 then they are £90-100 new

http://www.taiwangun.com/sub_machine_guns-c002.html

this is a polish gun shop which I have used in the past. As you can see they have JG mp5's

try to get model numbers and actual manufacturers from him and google 'em

So I reckon that there is about £250 of stuff total, if its 2 guns and multiple magazines, which I think is what has been offered, not very easy to read to be honest.

I reckon that you should be paying £175-180 tops for BOTH guns together IF they are in FULL working condition (stocks on the galaxy are prone to breaking as the body is plastic and has naff anchour points)

sorry about the speeling and gramer Im not very good at ether

I noticed that the 2 links you sent are for shops outside the uk is it legal to import airsoft guns . Do you have to pay import tax and are there eny legal obligations on my part or is it just a case of paying for the gun and the shop sorts all of that stuff out and adds it on to the price.

Yes it is for to guns

Thanks for your replys by the way

When importing you still have to have a "skirmisher" defence under VCRA rules. Be it UKARA registration or site membership, and be over 18 and fit any other criteria under VCRA for buying a RIF.

I have UKARA, so I ask the companies to put my UKARA number on the ouside of the box for customs. If you don't and they find its a RIF then they will hold the weapon and ask you to prove your defence as a skirmisher. If you cannot, then they will destroy it.

Then you have to look at import duty. Anything over £18 inc postage is subject to import duty if outside of the EU. You may also get hit by a handling fee of royal mail/parcelforce etc, which can be around £20

I have ordered from Hong kong, and Poland. Both take about a week to a fortnight. Both put my UKARA on the box, so I had no problems with getting the RIF's through. Poland is in the EU so had no problems with import duty. I tend to keep my orders from HK quite low so don't get hit for duty.

If you tot up the prices and use something like xe.com universal money translator then you can work it out. Work out the $ or EU to £, then multiply by 1.175% if you think you may get hit by duty, and add £20 for handling and see if its cheaper than buying in the UK, if you can buy the gun in the UK.

The other thing is that if you have a problem, they usually want the item returned to them which can be a hassle, so factor that in. Galaxy can be a bit hit and miss, so may want to try to get from UK, JG are pretty solid so I would happily order them from abroad.

Anyway there ya go.

Archived