The Goblin experience...

remus

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

For those who havent came across it yet, linky...http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-pistols/patrol-base-airsoft-goblin-solo-green.htm

anyway as a form of review/blog on my experience with my goblin solothought this was the best place to share as its somewhat different to most airsoft weapons. and whilst in the other thread i can see people are interested but unsure of it, what better way for it than a living blogg thing...(anyone else has used it came accross it please add thoughts, and others with questions voice them too!)

so what do you get...

DSCN0629_zpsf0bab2fd.jpg

simple packaging, no fancy box art to sell it, the item does all the work. the keen eyed will notice that thisnt just an airsoft weapon, its also a paintball pistol. so if you do both sports, even better. wouldnt rush out to buy it for paintball though, as a single shot pistol in paintball is...

so contents include;

the goblin solo

3 bb holder shells(each holds 12 rounds(this is where the paintball version differs, their shells hold 1 paintball)

a holster than holds the solo and 2 additional shells

1 gas cartridge :((the only thing i have to say i dislike, need more!!!)

spare rubber rings(various sizes)

a c02 connector

and no that dosent mean it runs on co2, it means co2 is one of the gases this can be run on! advertised as being able to run this on c02, propane red or even green gass(they advise co2 most though) so if you dont want to carry around a second can to reload it you dont have to just match it to your sidearm(hence why im trying to run mine on green gas)

as for why you want it for airsoft, well its shells hold up to and fire up to 12 rounds(further explanation below) just like a proper airsoft shotgun should, or like all those airsoft grenade launchers do(which still annoys me...) so at last a reasonable room clearance weapon.( though unrealistic for those airsoft puritans who will only touch realistic guns as no shot gun is this small but hey, dems the breaks..) its also so small and straps onto your gear molle style. and weight, plastic for the most part so negligible the fact you can run it off what gas you are using for the secondary makes it a feasible addition if you are running something using one of the listed gases, though if your not i wouldnt bother...

how to use? simple load gas to the cartridge, making sure its in the right place and tight before filling(sounds simple but not always)also careful when removing whatever you used to fill the cartridge as pulling to and can mover it enough to let the gas out, put a shell holder loaded with bbs over it load into pistol, close pistol, press palm safety, pull trigger and bang bb splattered target(dont even need to aim, wont do much good....)

now thats the normal sort of stuff out of the way now range,,, not that far. your pistol will fire further! pointless to get it that far, tis not what its for. its best for room clearance clusters of people at short range. however you want to make sure it reaches them. and as a result for once i recommend .12 for it. why? your not worrying about range and accuracy, and you have essentially 4 barrels. even with .2s im getting not all the rounds to come out because i cant with green gas get enough power behind the pellets. this is one way to mitigate that. on my test firings ive decided im definitely using my .12s for this as i have no other use for them and it seems to work( will report if i have other findings on this...) also make sure you hav filled the cartridge fully, no point not getting the right spread because you didn't put enough gas in(watched a vid on you tube where they were recommending to time your gas infut so you could control the range... good luck doing that but it will make a difference, even with the 2 seconds it takes to fill) also a quick trial with propane, far more effective, yet the from the cold it seemed to suffer tightening up alot, meant it took a while before i could get it to fire again. again i will post/add any experiment with the other gasses as i get access to them.

another line of thought for this is, it takes up to 12 pellets, whilst initially i want all 12 for maximum kill, if you want more range, taking it down to 8(2 per barrel ought to give you more power to the rest of the pellets. something intend to try out a few times however i want this gun for its spread not power so i wont be testing this theory ott...

in game results;

first game day, mixed results. only fired it three times. mistook the range first shot, but scared him enough that he went to re-spawn killed me at the same time though) second shot, cleared a corridor of 2 guys, crapped them selves, earned its day play doing that, no way i could have got them both otherwise. third shot, pistol ran out, so it was a last ditch thing guy ran past me in corridor missed. think with the .12s difference to range would have made all 3 hits. (and for interest sake the site i play on is mostly cqb)

game day 2, pistol problems so didnt bring it nor the gas so only carryied the one shot , and was far better with the .12s was actually in the same building as before that i got the 2 kills. also at end of day i let one of the other guys try it(one that loves shotguns and short range fights) and he loved it and wants one too now. ima gonna start a craze:)

my rating, worth it if you are already carrying gas for a pistol or some such, good combo for cqb, potential for being a masterkey. light weight, more fun than practical though, but cheap enough for £40. 8/10 would buy again(will add to this rating as my opinion changes over time...) if i had the money id go for the goblin duo instead though, double barrel= double the fun!!!

• Supporters

My UKARA# is live again so, as soon as I have the cash spare, I'm gonna get one, assuming PB still have the sale price on them. As we discussed before, I'm thinking it may be the answer to my plans for a masterkey underslung on my G36, but it looks and sounds like a right laugh on its own. Just as a point of fact, at least one real steel double barrelled shotgun sawn off to about an inch and a half longer than the duo existed in the UK around about 15yrs ago. Clearly the least said about that the better, but if two barrels work, so should one...

• Supporters

Glad you like 'em mate!

Try it on CO2, that 8/10 will go up for sure. Makes a much better pop and lobs the BB's twice the distance (heavier ammo is better... no really!)

Sale on them is likely to continue for the foreseeable future, so good news there.

Currently trying to get hold of more shells, but it's becoming a slight PITA. There are only 5 left in the UK and they are the paintball version, so you'd still have to pay for the airsoft 6mm pellet holder section (the black bit)

And the deuce has 2 barrels that can be selected to go off seperately OR BOTH AT THE SAME MOTHERFRICKING TIME!

• Supporters

Yeah Dave, that is good news on the price.

Goblin do supply a blister pack of 5 shells with the gas reservoirs as well as the 4 barrel BB carrier black bits. Is there an issue with someone else being the official UK Supplier or something?

if you can scrounge enough up for the duece, you are essientially buying 2 solos, the 2 barrels, 2 gas cartridges etc, and yea the double fire... course if your doing underslung then its meh. (though tripple barrel threat....)

if i had cash to splash and could afford to ruin the tommy id love to join it up to the front grip so the handels merge into one...DSCN0634_zps65248558.jpg

something like this...

tompshot_zpsb6409345.jpg

• Supporters

I think that looks good. You could probably use a couple of sheets of 3/4" Ply glued together to shape a new foregrip, rather than ruin the one you have. I reckon it would be better fitted to a tacticool Tommy though! All black, crane stock, red dot sight, torch... ergonomic foregrip+goblin (you could make it out of a bolt and FIMO).

....now im definitely regretting not buying a second tommy when they were on offer, damm you!!!...

• Supporters

2 attachments around the Goblin barrel and the whole handgrip swing down to reload.

yea the main problem of underslinging it is that. and no im not actualy going to do it, not worth ruining my only aeg much as i think it would be cool...

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

cheers. as an update to this thread youll probably note ive not added much more, well this is due to me not really having used in inbetween changing mains and learning to use my sidearm more properly(still a ways to go...) in the mean time the goblin set unloved. it was also leaking a bit the last time i did use it but when i came back to it it just wouldnt take gas. so ive tried replacing the seals etc but still something aint quite right and not holding gas. and i cant find a breakdown of the internals to make sure im doing it right so currently out of use. if i find out what im missing im probably going to do a video on it as its been left offf any video i can find:(

edit after playing around with it today it seemed that the nozzle of the current gas can im using was different to the previous one and so thats why it wouldnt feed. took it out with me today but never used it(had it out, but before i could fire it when i checked it the frickin shell had fallen out somehow and is now lost in the middle of the site somewhere... just what i needed. just as well i was thinking of buying another...

• 3 months later...

a last entry in this as ive decided to sell it on(if i can find a buyer) and reinvest in another pistol as i have far better luck with them. i took it out a few weeks ago but due to cold both shots misfired, fortunately i was ready for that and still got the kills with other weapons. whilst it was fun for he odd shot, i dont see me missing it at all. i can see it being good on a hot day in cqb for aiding to clear buildings, but thats something i am not able to do relatively well with my pistol... i would have liked to have tried it out on co2 which may well have made the difference to me. i think i still miss the shotgun i sold to buy this more though so its fate is sealed. i hope this helps someone...

• Supporters

Will you be putting a listing in the Classifieds, mate?

not initially, going to try my local sites one first(saves postage internet shaniagians etc) im thinking of aiming for the retail price as itll be sold with an extra shell( due to me loosing the one that came with it and buying 2 new ones to make up for it, so its comming with more than they do at retail, and ive turned the safety back on etc so it works 100%.

• 3 months later...

so i finally got round to listng it on sunday, got an offer that night and just delivered it. so for interest of others i got it for £40 in a sale(rrp £60) not i lost the original gas cartridge and bought 2 new ones for £26. sold for £40. considering wear and loss of original cartridge, im happy enough with that( i had deactivated and reactivated the safety etc) and for such a quick sale tis fair enough. end of the goblin experience...

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.