The 'What have you just broken' Thread

Ian_Gere
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Head Moderator

eBay item number 171861257331 ;)

And here's a link to that guy who will cut perspex to whatever diameter and width you want really cheap in about a day: http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/bobbyboy0177 - a few of us have used him now.

Thanks, just what I need.

How did you break it?

The windage and elevation was wobbly and wouldn't go straight. Took it apart to see if i could fix it.

Sheared screws and windage dial.

The scope is fine, I will just have to jury rig it to another mount.

• Supporters

I am guessing the clone comtac headsets don't like a little rain.

Mine gave up half way through my day yesterday. Just won't turn on now! Seen the "click" from the buttons has gone and it's just soft.

not 100% surprising, I felt like I'd been swimming by lunchtime! All my kit has had to go in the airing cupboard to dry out.

eBay item number 171861257331 ;)

And here's a link to that guy who will cut perspex to whatever diameter and width you want really cheap in about a day: http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/bobbyboy0177 - a few of us have used him now.

Thanks, just what I need.

Beautiful!

Now I can buy a torch/ 2x zoom sight. This info totally deserves its own "searchable" thread.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Head Moderator

Split pins are not a solid piece of metal but have a groove (split) cut into them so that the pin splays apart a little. You apply a little pressure to squeeze them togeter to insert and then the split opens back up to increase their retension. [only a simple description, an engineer can expalin it better]

• Supporters

Split pins are not a solid piece of metal but have a groove (split) cut into them so that the pin splays apart a little. You apply a little pressure to squeeze them togeter to insert and then the split opens back up to increase their retension. [only a simple description, an engineer can expalin it better]

Actually what you just described is a slotted spring pin. They have a slot along the length so that they will close up in diameter under pressure so they can be driven into a hole of smaller diameter than the pin so the pin will grip once its expanded inside the hole.

A split pin is a strip of metal formed round to create two prongs that lie flat to each other with the bent area shaped to create a circle or dome shape (think of a hair grip but with no bumps in the prong). You use them by sliding the pin through a hole of sufficient diameter to allow the prongs through but not the formed end, you then bend the prongs round 90 degrees to each other so that you create a fastener that cannot slide in either direction through the hole.

• Head Moderator

See I knew that an engineer would have the answer. :)

Got my new Forcecore (E&L) AK yesterday. First game with it last night I tripped in the dark and shattered the mag that came with it. Also slightly bent the fire selector out of shape but that is easy to sort out.

Luckily I was able to borrow a high cap for the rest of the night.

• Supporters

AoE usually drops 10 to 15 fps Max...

Some you claw back if you improve seals

But deffo better than lopping spring guesswork

Plus AoE is better for piston to reduce risk of pickup tooth snapping, I say reduce but going nutz on high speeds cane's any piston.

Would deffo go for AoE over lopping spring to bring down fps a smidge

E&L mags are usless anyway so no great loss TBH. Try MAG or G&P

Yeah going to get some MAG on my next pay day.

Just a few things I bought the other day which arrived today -

VSR Inner Barrels (all 430mm long):

RATech 6.01mm

EDGI Custom 6.01mm

PDI 6.01mm

Laylax PSS10 6.03mm

Falcon Rifled 6.03mm

CA 6.04mm

PDI 6.05mm

JG 6.06mm

PDI 6.08mm

Tokyo Marui 6.10mm

Orga Magnus 6.23mm

VSR Bucking:

A+ Airsoft 60 degree

A+ Airsoft 70 degree

A+ Airsoft 75 degree

A+ Airsoft 80 degree

Action Army

Maple Leaf 70 degree

Maple Leaf 75 degree

Maple Leaf 80 degree

Nineball Purple

Madbull Xcellerator

Tokyo Marui stock

JG Stock

CA Stock

Firefly Hard

Firefly Soft

KA Hard

Falcon Hard

SHS Hard

Going to be doing quite a bit of testing of the optimum combination for Propane, CO2 and HPA with the KC02 using a VSR Hop Chamber for KC02 :P

You're going to need a lot of sample data to see which is best. Report back in 3 years.

Tell me about it :P 198 possible combinations with 3 different gases, with a potential for needing about 2k bb's per combination, and about 5-10kg of each propellant. Looking at it take at least 52 weekends :D

Broke one of the lips off my E&L mag, didn't hit it against anything, it just sort of disintegrated.E&L's guns are great but I can see why their mags are left to be desired for.

Archived