The 'What have you just broken' Thread

Ian_Gere
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I dropped my glock mag on my floor this weekend and I managed to snap the plastic mag feeder in half :( So I've been trying superglue, but the cold from the gas makes it brittle and it eventually snaps again.

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By auto firing, do you mean slam firing? As in the bolt slamming foward on its on when pulled back? If so that would likely be your trigger sear.

Yep. Not sure how to go about fixing it. Unfortunately there's no local Airsoft place around me and I'm beyond broke so I can't send it off to be repaired. I want to learn about fixing Airsoft guns so maybe this is an opportunity now that you've identified the problem.

Get yourself a newer, stronger trigger sear and buy a more powerful spring while you're at it. There are plenty of vids around to help

shotgun fixed( i think, sometimes it dosent lock to fire so has to be cocked again, which also adds more bbs to the bunch about to be fired( which would be nice if i had control over it...)

for anyone looking to fix a shotgun this is the guide i eventually found...

http://www.airsoftretreat.com/reviews/showproduct.php?product=342

• Supporters

The WE SCAR that I got 2 days ago <_<

Anyone know of a place that has the WE SCAR Open Bolt Conversion Kit in stock in the UK?

• Supporters

The nozzle broke so it won't pick up BBs from the mag, and the hop seems to have flexed so that the feed ramp has a gap in it wider than BBs. So instead of rolling up it, they just lodge themselves in the ramp.

Trigger's touch and go on auto as well and I've already had to mod the bolt so the catch works, so I figure I might as well buy a conversion kit, since it has everything in it I need and it's about £40, if not more, cheaper than buying all the parts individually.

it's about £40, if not more, cheaper than buying all the parts individually.

Who told you they were £40? even the scar kits from HK come in at over £70.

• Supporters

Who told you they were £40? even the scar kits from HK come in at over £70.

Whoops, typo. Meant to say £80.

No idea how I did that lol.

• Supporters

Actually wait, no.

I said it was £40 cheaper than buying the parts individually, if not more.

Read as: Buying a conversion kit saves me £40, if not more.

the shotgun i fixed... instead of firing 3 bbs at a time, one from each barrel it seems to be firing 3 from one barrel so it hits like its firing with burst fire... dunno if i wanna fix it or not though...

• 3 weeks later...
  • Supporters

I'm genuinely amazed how long it's been since this thread was posted in, it wasn't even on the first page of thread listings anymore.

Well, I have broken something.

A camera... Which is very, very, very, very bad for me. Now I only have the one. I can't afford to replace it, I can't afford to get it fixed and I haven't a clue how to fix it myself.

The NAE is coming up soon too and I'm not going to have anything to record it with. Well, I am, but going from two cameras to one seems like such a downgrade that I'm not sure it'd be worth doing.

=[

Bolt carrier on my W.E L85.

Well, I say "I broke" it, a more accurate thing to say would be "the gun broke it's own bolt carrier". The thing has finally deformed itself so much that it just won't work. Can't complain, given that it's worked almost non-stop since the day I got it in over a year ago. For future reference I will need to look into ways to reduce/cushion the impact force of the BC. Any one have any suggestions?

Ed, what's actually wrong with the camera?

• Supporters

My face.

Something must have happened with the bicycle. One minute I was pedaling from work, next memory is from the ambulance.

I can't find my bike, everything else heals, so no problem.

post-9022-0-60855900-1406396069_thumb.jpg

I cycle quite a bit too. I'm guessing you got cut off by a car, or something involving a motorist. I mainly cycle off road for that reason, but whenever I cycle on road theres always someone that doesn't notice you etc and nearly hits you or something like that... Hope your ok mate

I cracked a couple of ribs last week. A car pulled out of a junction without looking properly and went into the side of me. My handlebars were mangled and the left pedal broke.

not a great weekend gun wise. lent a friend my aug, it died... opened it up and trigger contact has broken again... might be solder able but not by me...

tommys mags have feeding problems, not constant putting bbs into the gun...

i went shotgun- seems the shotgun dont like my asg shells either, just as well i have tm ones...

and then today i was replacing the front section of my m4 with a shorter barrel when it was just dead- eventually got the stock off, joint had just came appart easily fixed and gun back to normal again just shorter...

Archived