G&G M4's (GR-16 vs CM-16 vs GC-16)

Pete93
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Im new to airsoft and want a basic m4 to get started with. ive decided G&G is probably the way to go, but cant decide which model to go for. i know the GR-16 in pneumatic blow back which will just over complicate things, but which is best the CM-16 or the GC-16? i know one is full metal and the other is plastic, but is that the only difference between the two (or are the internals different)? also just incase is the GR-16 better than the CM-16?

Any help would be great!

thanks

Pete

• 3 months later...
  • Supporters

They're basically the same, though one has metal externals, pneumatic blowback (and possibly a better inner barrel and motor) and the other is made of plastic, has a lower quality outer barrel etc.

Of the two go for the metal one, they're both good guns but the plastic one feels like a toy- a well made one but a toy nonetheless.

Yeah, there's nothing like a metal bodied airsoft gun- and it's more likely to survive knocks then the plastic version, however good G&G's nylon fiber is.

• Supporters

Buddy of mine has the GR4-G26 and while it is plastic it's the nylon reinforced one. Feels plenty solid in use (except the handguard which wobbles a bit). Plus it has all the pseudo Magpul bits on if that's your thing. For around £200 it certainly does the job quite nicely.

Archived