Should this even be allowed

CaptainDumbass
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I carry less than 600 rnds. (Normally have a spare bag of ammo in friends car for refils)
I dont bother calling "take your hits" its just makes people sound like moaning women. I just aim for skin, or teeth. and make it so that want to call a hit. Its why I always get annoyed at people who wear the full body armour because the want to look cool, it absorbs all the impact so they dont even notice.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Xsite have the if it hit the gun the gun deac rule. Last game I managed to use my M249 and its massive mag as a shield.. and then proceeded to go pistol whipping people with my revolver :D

I play at xsite!! Amazing place! Gotta love the 'gun hit' rule!

• Supporters

I carry less than 600 rnds. (Normally have a spare bag of ammo in friends car for refils)

I dont bother calling "take your hits" its just makes people sound like moaning women. I just aim for skin, or teeth. and make it so that want to call a hit. Its why I always get annoyed at people who wear the full body armour because the want to look cool, it absorbs all the impact so they dont even notice.

I tend to hear hits more than feel them, I'd forgotten how much they hurt until I ran without a rig last weekend in CQB... It was only 4°C as well... Might as well have been firing Bee's arses at each other lol.

yea wt what point does armour become too much/too little. ideally i want to feel it, but not be hurt by it.... specially when most people try to get their guns as close to the upper fps limit as possible...

I play at xsite!! Amazing place! Gotta love the 'gun hit' rule!

Well if you're a Lane End tomorrow please feel free to say hi! I'll be in plain ODs with my M249 and a chrome revolver

yea wt what point does armour become too much/too little. ideally i want to feel it, but not be hurt by it.... specially when most people try to get their guns as close to the upper fps limit as possible...

It entirely depends, I don't really feel it through my RAV but if I'm wearing a chest rig and it hits a mag pouch I won't feel that either.

If it just hits my shirt and the shirt is close to the skin it'll hurt but if it hits a loose bit a material it won't, just run whats comfortable/useful and deal with any or lack of pain that comes. However I always wear my RAV in CQB just as added protection

same. though now im wondering how many times ive been hit and should have been out but never noticed.... :(

In all fairness, Im used to getting hit by paintballs, so the sting of a bb isnt much, I mean Usually i'l get pounded by balls hitting me at 11Joules, so a 1Joule is welcome. :D

(I guess im gona get hate for playing both sports)

But yeah, WIth both, i like to use as thin as material as i can on my vests.

I used to use a warrior PC but i got anoyed for the reason above, and not feeling the hits (Im one of these sick bastards that likes the pain) So I dropped the rig and sarted using a viper swat vest or chest rig.

Indeed jcheese. Forget the arguments about whether it's fair or not. If you go down the line of "his bit of kit gives him an advantage and that's not fair" then the inevitable end is that everyone must have exactly the same kit "to make it fair".

The real problem with these things is that they are dangerous! You are not physically behind the weapon. You do not have the field of view to ascertain that someone isn't about to stick their bonce in front of your barrel and get a mag full of bb's behind their goggles.

Mark is usually extremely strict on blind firing, for exactly that reason. The same reason you can't stick your barrel up against the gap between door and frame, or fire through a hole you can't fit your head through.

I'm amazed these guys were allowed to carry on using those sights, if the issue was brought to the attention of the marshall team.

Da Sheriff, yes, you do sound like a bit of a prick saying that. Deliberately aiming to hurt people, or cause damage, because they haven't taken a hit? How do you know that they felt it? They might not know they've been hit. Even though we all go in to the game knowing there is the possibility of getting hurt, if I ever believed a player was deliberately setting out to injure people, then their feet wouldn't touch the ground, and if they DID manage to injure someone, especially a potentially permanently disfiguring, and definitely very expensive, broken tooth, then I'd consider reporting them to the police for assault.

And I'm afraid, when marshalling, if I hear someone shouting "take your hits" it's they who will receive the bollocking!

If you have an issue with a player, then call a marshall over to deal with it. It's their job and in most cases they're pretty good at it. Call the marshall, explain the problem, move on and enjoy your day. I've heard stories (possibly apocryphal, but believable) of people having a 20 minute firefight with a guy behind a door, calling them all the names under the sun and screaming at them to "take your f#####g hits!!!!", only to be told once he'd wasted several mags of bb's that he'd been having a firefight with his own reflection.

If you "cheat call" you just look like a twat. And as for trying to hurt someone because they don't take the hit, that's sick and dangerous, and I hope I never have to play with you if you behave like that!

• Supporters

If you "cheat call" you just look like a twat. And as for trying to hurt someone because they don't take the hit, that's sick and dangerous, and I hope I never have to play with you if you behave like that!

I think, as with most people, he would only resort to either of those things, if he'd seen the person flinch, or otherwise react to having been hit, only to then carry on playing.

And I have to admit that if I see people being cheating arseholes, I do feel they deserve some motivation not to do it again. It takes a particularly bad case to force me to cheat call though, I think I've only ever done it once and it's because the guy was literally dancing in pain, under fire and standing 90° adjacent to cover and myself, for 3 freaking mags and I was getting ready to deck him and force feed him acid.

It annoys me that the marshal can never be sure of the severity of the offence, so sometimes (by which I mean, when it gets as bad as the above) cheat calling is the only way they'll realise you can physically see them being an arse.

Though I do use my tac light to show them I can see them as well, and it's amazing how much faster people take the hit when you shine a light in their face, sometimes it's almost like my gun gains 10m extra range, which suggests to me that a lot of people cheat very often when they know you're a good range away and can train themselves to not react to the hits...

then I'd consider reporting them to the police for assault.

Good luck with that! "so whats that, you're playing a game where you shoot each other, and you got shot badly, eff off!"

All that would result is either you getting laughed at or the sport banned...

Well if you're a Lane End tomorrow please feel free to say hi! I'll be in plain ODs with my M249 and a chrome revolver

Sadly my scar-l is in repair at the moment and I have to go to a wedding today so I can't make it :(

Not sure when I'll next be at lane end but if you see someone there whos around 6 foot tall, rocking a black scar-l with pmags and a black swat Loadout (usually with a helmet), that's me! so feel free to say hello. :P

Nick, I wouldn't bet on it.

Yes, we go along knowing there is always the danger of being injured. However, when someone deliberately sets out to do damage, that's a very different thing!

When I fire at someone, I aim to hit them, to achieve some objective in the game. I will aim for the least painful visible part. I do not try to hurt people deliberately, to do so is against the ethos of the game as I understand it.

It is not my job to enforce the rules, or to try and hurt someone who I think is not following the rules. That's what the marshalls are for.

Nick, I wouldn't bet on it.

Yes, we go along knowing there is always the danger of being injured. However, when someone deliberately sets out to do damage, that's a very different thing!

When I fire at someone, I aim to hit them, to achieve some objective in the game. I will aim for the least painful visible part. I do not try to hurt people deliberately, to do so is against the ethos of the game as I understand it.

It is not my job to enforce the rules, or to try and hurt someone who I think is not following the rules. That's what the marshalls are for.

I'll just say one thing, its not what happened its what you can prove in court...

Just so everyone knows, the corner shot is just an April fools. Red Wolf said so themselves. Not surprising really, and a great disappointment to the players with bigger wallets than common sense.

Xsite have the if it hit the gun the gun deac rule. Last game I managed to use my M249 and its massive mag as a shield.. and then proceeded to go pistol whipping people with my revolver

I remember getting a gun a hit a few years back at Xsite. I switched to the cheapo AEP Glock 18 I had and took out a load of guys from that big hill with the bunker. Got about 7 hits from long range, then just stood over the edge of the hill and slotted them as they climbed up (it's the really steep bit with the climbing ropes).

hi all, i think this really gets the limits with the rules and obviously some huge debates.

I know not yet have i gotten to play as i have been working so much i am still full time as well at my site.

So maybe an outside opinion may very well be a bit refreshing.

first the weapon sights i believe these to be a prism? if so then we have been using a similar idea for centuries for looking over trenches and also in tanks and armoured vehicles. If these work as well as they could them very tactically as see this link (

) this i saw may years ago and would give you the tactical advantage over you enemy. Yes its a huge advantage and in CQB would give the edge but if you used this in an operation (airsoft or real life) then you have the advantage but its only fair for you and if you could you would get every advantage. For example those than can change a mag faster have the advantage this is fair?? if this is then could this??

second argument, not taking your hits real bad sportsmanship but i agree filling them full of BB's will only make a bad situation worse and the marshall should do more but that is only if you know they know they have been hit. Best to use combat this is use your tactics and overwhelm them with a bit of force.

just a sub note my experience at the moment is my cadet years 10 in total 4 as a cadet and 6 as an instructor. we used blanks but the best was actually when we could not and had cut out wood models of the SA80 and all we had was our tactics this actually made it harder to defeat a well positioned enemy. This said on one exercise i grabbed a cadet by his shoelaces "think you are dead" were my words :). My only other experience is some minor paint ball skirmishes, where we as a cadets took on some royal marines and getting my friend to give covering fire i crossed 50 meters of open ground and shot him by surprise in the back as he lay in a doorway, good moment for me anyway :)

For example those than can change a mag faster have the advantage this is fair?

But that's an advantage based on skill, not your wallet.

Of course in real life you'll take every advantage you get, but this is a game. Obviously some people have better guns than others, but that's not as big an advantage as not having to come out of cover to fire.

second argument, not taking your hits real bad sportsmanship but i agree filling them full of BB's will only make a bad situation worse and the marshall should do more but that is only if you know they know they have been hit.

My view is unless you've called hit I obviously haven't hit you so I won't stop shooting until I see you're hand go up. I will admit I do often overkill but thats part and parcel of being a support gunner as I tend to just mow areas down

• Supporters

I don't think using a weapon mounted prism to shoot round corners is in the spirit of the sport, so it shouldn't be allowed. However, I have no problem with people using them, or anything else, to look around corners or over the top of trenches/holes/window sills/etc.

As for shooting to hurt people, I don't do it. I always aim for the centre of whatever I can see. If that is a head and it bloody hurts, they knew the score just the same as I did. But also IDC what can be proved in court or reported to the police, etc. whatever bla bla, if I ever find out that somebody has deliberately shot at me with the intention of taking a tooth out, that person will develop a health issue which will interfere with their willingness and ability to airsoft again.

Alex Gale yes it a too big advantage i agree but nothing is impossible.

Nicona i know with your roll and gun ;) you would not stop but i meant if you know the player you were shooting at had not noticed you would point it out and then prove it by the second well placed shot to show your point i believe?

IAN gere i think you are hitting the spot as nicona pointed out these methods are better used for spotting rather than the unfair advantage.

I don't really do well placed shots, just kind of a lot of shots in the general direction :D

Ah, Nick, another person in the "spray and pray" school of airsoft tactics!

I rely on a massive ROF to make up for my lack of any skill whatsoever!

• Supporters

Ah, Nick, another person in the "spray and pray" school of airsoft tactics!

I rely on a massive ROF to make up for my lack of any skill whatsoever!

aimed shots are good ..... sprays just look cooler B):D (and annoy ppl more)

Archived