Looking to expand my british experience :)

JerseyRider
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

didnt know SFSG were using the L85 aswell as the L119A1,

They were using the L85's first but as the Armoury at Hereford is much larger than the number of SAS troopers they loaned them out to the SFSG and 16th AA pathfinders.

Just as a note i have seen that MTP on the news already (someone was wearing it during a interview) and it looks like it could work unlike the Multicam

• Supporters

if im remember correctly, multicam worked better than ACU by a massive margin, its just that ACU was a lot cheaper. also spec forces have been using multi cam for ages kinda says its kick-Arse, i have to say our troops are looking so much more awesome with MTP just looks like it blends in with everything. :)

just watched your video jersey i really like your rig setup the DPM and bush hat is simple and effective you said you were gonna sort your rifle out soon what were you thinking of getting?

I will get some pictures of my L119A1 up here soon.

if im remember correctly, multicam worked better than ACU by a massive margin, its just that ACU was a lot cheaper. also spec forces have been using multi cam for ages kinda says its kick-Arse, i have to say our troops are looking so much more awesome with MTP just looks like it blends in with everything. :)

just watched your video jersey i really like your rig setup the DPM and bush hat is simple and effective you said you were gonna sort your rifle out soon what were you thinking of getting?

I will get some pictures of my L119A1 up here soon.

I think it depends on which special forces you look at. Pictures of the SBS in Afghanistan (upto March '09) show them wearing the old US desert tri cam ('91 gulf war style) for trousers. But yes, multicam and the new UK MTP look ace. Although, sadly it'll be a good year or two before you can legally own some of it.

Today the telegraph had a picture of a captain from the Gurkhas wearing multicam (and using the new L85A2 with DD rail. But still using a SUSAT...)

As for ACU - "When you have to be seen, by everyone, for miles around, no matter what the conditions...." :lol:

Today the telegraph had a picture of a captain from the Gurkhas wearing multicam (and using the new L85A2 with DD rail. But still using a SUSAT...)

Not every L85 will be getting the ACOG as it is a place holder while the trials for the Spectre are still on going.

i found the only place acu work (sort of)

image029.jpg

Well Matt i was thinking SA80 but my mum wount let me get a third big gun as she calls it so i will have to sell one

But when i do i will be getting a SA80 just to make things simple

But if the L119A1 is simple to come by i might get that

And not meaning to seam dim here but at first i didnt see tht guy on the couch HAHA

The L119A1 isn't a simple build, you have to make it yourself and it tends to cost about £400-500 as a project. I was lucky to pick up a part finished project hat meant all I needed was the body and grip to finish it off.

Ideally you are looking at a G&P donor M4 and then a new body, barrel, grip, and a scope too. Not easy to do if you want it quick.

My final parts should be here on monday and I will post up what she looks like finished.

And not meaning to seam dim here but at first i didnt see tht guy on the couch HAHA

see it works just about any were

see it works just about any were

A...wha?

I've seen that picture numerous times on 'teh webz'....but thats the first time I knew there was a guy on it.

I just thought those boots were odd coloured and shaped cushions! :lol:

Well, looks like I need my eyes testing again :rolleyes:

Archived