What is this worth?

Cat Weazel
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey peeps, I am moving house in the next couple of weeks so am having a clearout. I have in my possession a full auto electric airsoft MP5 SD5 which I want to put up for sale but I could use some guidance on what it is worth.

I believe it might be a Jing Gong, but the packaging doesn't show the manufacturer. The battery is located in the front of the gun inside the handgrip, rather than in the stock, if that helps. It’s mostly made of plastic, with some metal components such as the barrel, clip, sights, internal components etc.

It came with quite a few extras in the box, shown along with spec below: -

Adjustable Hop Up

Fires 6mm

50 Round Clip

7.2v Battery and Charger

Loading Rod and Tube

Cleaning Rod

Carry Strap

Removable Silencer

Laser Sight

Adjustable Sight

Loads of BBs

Safety Goggles!

IMAGE_032.jpg

IMAGE_030.jpg

IMAGE_031.jpg

I bought it on a whim and, apart from firing off 20 or so BBs the day I bought it, it has never been used. I have all packaging and instructions and there isn’t a mark on the gun. It certainly seems pretty powerful, but I have nothing to compare it too.

So, what should I be offering it for? And to clarify, as its not two tone I need to sell to a UKARA license holder, but other than that I can sell it without worry (including putting it in the post)?

Cheers

• AF-UK Founding Member

You can send that to any UKARA license holder. Posting should be fine, I just wouldn't bother sending it out of the country.

It doesn't look like the JG model but looks like a JG box. Does it go through the bottom of a drinks can? Are you aware if the gearbox is plastic or metal?

• Supporters
You can send that to any UKARA license holder. Posting should be fine, I just wouldn't bother sending it out of the country.

It doesn't look like the JG model but looks like a JG box. Does it go through the bottom of a drinks can? Are you aware if the gearbox is plastic or metal?

Looks nothing like a JG box, looks more like an old CYMA box. Seeing as the fire sector is white were it should be red. and they include safety glasses and w/e i'd say about £20 including postage.

Waiting for his reply however

Oh and dev it will be a plastic gearbox.

Looks nothing like a JG box, looks more like an old CYMA box. Seeing as the fire sector is white were it should be red. and they include safety glasses and w/e i'd say about £20 including postage.

Waiting for his reply however

Oh and dev it will be a plastic gearbox.

Doesn't go through a Coke Can, not sure on the gearbox.

Hmmm...think it will continue to live in the bottom of a cupboard somewhere then as its not worth the hassle of selling it for £20.

Thanks for the help guys

• Supporters

fair enough then, dont even know what the JG logo is and i thought the boxes were all brown. all the stuff he mentioned i.e sling, 7.2v battery, glasses etc. all come with the CYMA models and the selector being white were it shouldn't looks like the old CYMA azz had.

Archived