Being a sniper

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hi guys

im new to theis game and really want to be a sniper. like the guy from saving private ryan who shoots all the germans like in 1 shoot. how would i do this and what gun is best for this

jim

• AF-UK Founding Member

Welcome to the forums :)

As Jersey said basically Saving Private Ryan is a film and the sniping you see in that isn't how you'd find it in airsoft, no matter which gun you picked.

Have you been along to your nearest site and played yet?

Not meaning to sound rude if you took it the bad way :) its just every new player has this mentality of beeing the lone sniper kicking arse

But in the real world (includeing the actual real steel snipers) its 90% intel takeing and 10% killing

I am only just tring it out next walk-on but i am still rocking my AEG its just got a scope so i arnt going over the top until...

A. i know its for me

and

B. the site is big enough to even play the sniper role

• Supporters

welcome :D

and I'd avoid sniping. you just don't have the advantage of range and accuracy that sniper rifles IRL have. or the oteh ability the sniper provides, which is to stalk a person for weeks and then make a shot.

to get a sniper rifle worth having which you can be happy with, you WILL HAVE TO spend somewhere like £200 on a gun, plus the £400-£500 on internals and scopes to be able to consistenly hit targets and even then you get flyers.

you are MUCH better off with an AEG... try an M14 as they tend to have silly range and can still go onto auto.

Archived