ahh could use some newbie help

tommie_lee
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

i hope ive posted this in the right place but im completely new to airsoft, im intrested in it and am yet to play a game, i used to play quiet abit of paintball years ago so i have a round-about idea of it, just i dont know where to start, i live in the west midlands and am completely confused on how to try airsoft out, i searched the internet and asked on a few sites for help but not much luck

cheers!

Ok, it can be a bit tricky to find a site if you don't know where to look.

airsoftmap3zz3.gif

Use that as a start for google fu'ing a nearby site for you.

My advice when you go to your first skirmish, ask questions as most people (bar the a*s holes) will be very happy to answer any you have. Get a look and a feel of as many guns as possible, if you enjoy the hobby there is a good chance you will want a gun or 2 (or in my case 10) of your own, and the more guns you get a hands on look at all sorts of different guns and know what you liek and what you dont.

One last thing a really big don't for a newbi.

DON'T think you know better than other people, yes you may but if they have been softing for a while there is a good chance they will have a pretty good idea what they should be doing (it really hacks me off when a rental starts to tell me I am doing it wrong).

Now on a posative note, most people you meet at a skirmish will be very firendly (if a little rough around the edges) and will be more than happy to help you in most ways.

Hope that has helped.

Abbadon101

Ok, it can be a bit tricky to find a site if you don't know where to look.

airsoftmap3zz3.gif

Use that as a start for google fu'ing a nearby site for you.

My advice when you go to your first skirmish, ask questions as most people (bar the a*s holes) will be very happy to answer any you have. Get a look and a feel of as many guns as possible, if you enjoy the hobby there is a good chance you will want a gun or 2 (or in my case 10) of your own, and the more guns you get a hands on look at all sorts of different guns and know what you liek and what you dont.

One last thing a really big don't for a newbi.

DON'T think you know better than other people, yes you may but if they have been softing for a while there is a good chance they will have a pretty good idea what they should be doing (it really hacks me off when a rental starts to tell me I am doing it wrong).

Now on a posative note, most people you meet at a skirmish will be very firendly (if a little rough around the edges) and will be more than happy to help you in most ways.

Hope that has helped.

Abbadon101

you helped very much mate! thanks alot! i found that an old paintball site i used to go to, does airsoft too but sadily all the rental guns where gone, ah well at least i get more time to learn up before i try it out

Yes one thing to remember is if your site dose rental drop them a email at least a week before the game to secure your gun

somthing that the site i looked on didnt explain though, the rental gun that we get, do we get a choice or is it like paintball where you are all given a gun (usally the tipmann) thanks again

Depends on the site, my local has a choice of M4's, AK47's, MC51's MP5's and FAMAS's. Alot of sites will also offer G36C's too.

Archived