Gas powered claymore

kerbking
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys, I am currently designing and building a gas powered claymore mine. this uses a standard air pistol canister to fire 100 bbs, its easy to use and reload, using rounds not unlike a shotgun cartridge. Are there any models like this on the market and does it sound like something you guys would use if made available by retailers? any feed back is welcome.

Hi guys, I am currently designing and building a gas powered claymore mine. this uses a standard air pistol canister to fire 100 bbs, its easy to use and reload, using rounds not unlike a shotgun cartridge. Are there any models like this on the market and does it sound like something you guys would use if made available by retailers? any feed back is welcome.

Wow, What a good Idea. Not as Ammo Consuming as the M81A1 Claymore on the shelves now and sound much more powerful.

Can we see Pics when its complete? This sounds Tasty.

Wow, What a good Idea. Not as Ammo Consuming as the M81A1 Claymore on the shelves now and sound much more powerful.

Can we see Pics when its complete? This sounds Tasty.

Yeah thats not aproblem it should be ready in the next few weeks and I will be posting a the test run of it on youtubbe and adding the link here for you, thanks for the feedback, does anyone else have an opinion for me please? i need all the feedback i can get off you guys to help make this better and to work well

cheers

You can trigger it remotely I'm assuming?

for the time being no, it'll be a either a trip wire or a pull string as i'm a mechanical guy not an electrcian, but if the initial design goes well and i can get the marketing then it will be remote controlled, also looking at the possibility of motion sensor triggered, although this will provide the problem of possibal friendly fire, also motion sensors tend to be short range so this would put the "victim" in too close a range of it. thanks for your input.

• Supporters

if you needed a remote trigger doing im sure me and Devastator may be able to help

Nutster

• AF-UK Founding Member

Well until we know what the trip wire or whatever actually triggers or pulls we have no idea if it can be replaced electronically, besides this thing may be far too powerful - my guess is the current ones are designed that way for a reason otherwise they would of used gas?

Well until we know what the trip wire or whatever actually triggers or pulls we have no idea if it can be replaced electronically, besides this thing may be far too powerful - my guess is the current ones are designed that way for a reason otherwise they would of used gas?

well i'm hoping to acheive a power of about 300fps, which is under the legal limit, I can always adjust the valve to acheive more or less power, the firing mechanism at the moment is basically a trigger that pushes the gas bottle forwards, opening the valve and releasing the gas.

Archived