A theoretical question...

Lost Paradise
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
Now going off topic a bit, which is what you seem to want.

Memchwo & Jersey-Chairsoft-boy You say you don’t like arguing yet that is what you both seem to want to do all the time instead of discuss…

You say it is a friendly forum yet all I get from you is negative attitude.

Your opening response to my first post wasn’t exactly a warm welcome to the forum, in fact it was an aggressive putdown.

Are you trying to encourage members or put them off?

I have noticed that you seem to pounce on members first posts like it is some sort of competition have you nothing better to do?

Or is it that you are trying to bump up your number of posts in the mistaken belief that will impress?

This is as much the other members forum as it is yours.

You are now following my posts around the forum like some weird saddo internet stalkers.

“Combat situation”…..

Don’t make me laugh…. They are Toys. You are playing at soldiers….

“If they pull a knife, gun or run at you, a quick spray to the face will usually do the trick.”

Oh yeah you obviously have first hand experience.

You wouldn’t last five seconds in a real situation….

Maybe I have this wrong and you are not immature small boys with personality problems and you are comedians….

Get real…….

no, we are discussing.

It IS a friendly forum, but all we got from you to start off with was negativity.

usually, people register, spend half an hour trying to find the 'create a topic' button, make the topic, introduce themselves and where theyare in their current airsofting state (old, newbie, whatever)

we don't 'pounce' on new members, we give them a warm greeting.

you, however, hijacked a thread with your first post, claiming (wrongly) that we had been wrong for the last 2 and a half pages of discussion. when we informed you that you were in the wrong, you started an argument.

we aren't following your posts, I log in regularly so I don't miss anything and can add my input where necessary, and I am sure JTA does the same. after defining 'combat' on google I was right to use that phrase.

yeah, I don't have first hadn experience, but please, remind us why we all wear eye protection? yeah, its becuase a BB to the eye WILL do serious andd ireversible damage.if someone is in your house trying to nick s***, they deserve it.

'You wouldn't last 5 seconds in a real situation...'

Is this the point where you reveal that you are an Ex-SAS captain, who once single handedly killed a trillion people with only 3 magazines of M4 left and a grenade. because those are EXACTLY the type of person who I would have thought would come to an internet airsoft forum to troll.

• Supporters
can you either take this to PM or be mature and ditch the argument please. <_<

can all three of you drop it now, while you each have your own opinions, and you may not agree with each others. this is getting tedious to read

• Supporters
'You wouldn't last 5 seconds in a real situation...'

Is this the point where you reveal that you are an Ex-SAS captain, who once single handedly killed a trillion people with only 3 magazines of M4 left and a grenade. because those are EXACTLY the type of person who I would have thought would come to an internet airsoft forum to troll.

Well you never know :lol:

• 3 months later...

If you have a gun (ok it's only a toy gun) next to your bed with ammo in it just in case somebody breaks in then you have it so you can use it to threaten them... so you have intent to miss use it?

Don't know about anybody els but I keep mine away with mag's and ammo seperate.

I wouldn't advise anybody to take a burgler on, an offduty copper did this a few years ago with a knife and she was stabbed and killed!

Jeez, here in Texas we would just shoot the guy and the local police would say good job and nice shot.

• 1 month later...

My two cents:

A burglar in my house, threatening me and my family with a knife, well he will taste the other end of my 12-gauge.

Dont bother with airsoft, theyre toys. Better ditch them and run if you can.

If you have a legal firearm (like a shotgun), you would probably be better off killing the guy.

Im not advocating murder, but hear me out;

If you pop him in the leg, you know hes gonna go crying to the state and you will get done for GBH, ABH etc. all for defending your home that he broke into, possibly with the intent of harming you. Better to do a quick dispatch, or none at all.

Im of the american state of mind, that if he breaks in, its my right to defend myself.

So yea, if someone does break into my house, well I will probably go to prison. I better hope they stay away <_<

POSSIBLY harming you? you won't know what he wants, what he needs, maybe he needs some money, i mean i would feel sorry, but im not saying that if you need money, go steal it, but you don't know, so i mean you cant just shoot him.. negotiate, maybe a price or some food? then see how he acts if then he seems violent, then maybe whack him round the face the the butt of your rifle, dont shoot him though, i know you said you have the right to defend yourself, but shooting them dead is taking it a lil too far mate, a quick melee attack should work or a stab with a butter knife i mean he might be shocked, but he probably wont be able to suddenly get up take the knife from your hands and stab you in the eye or something?!

Also just wondering, why is every one (Including me) saying Him or He? i mean men are usually robbers but Women can be just as harmful ...in bed...i meeeaaann...:P but yeah just thinking to shoot someone who wants to say help his family? but like i said maybe he is just a greedy f***er you dont know, does not give you a reason to splat his brains on the floor!

-Zakaria

• Supporters

Legally, If someone is in your house, threatening you and your possessions you have every right to stop them as long as you can justify your actions later in court.

Killing someone WILL get you put in jail, but if you can justify actions a jury will be more lenient with you and your sentance will not be as harsh.

This thread is getting very close to passing outside of what we really want to be discussing here, The qusetion has been answered (repeatedly and in detail) so untill further notice the thread is being locked to prevent anyone saying anything they shouldn't do.

Thread locked

Archived