Gun Engraving

"Banshee"
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys,

I have a tokyo marui Hi capa 5.1 and wish to get it engraved, if anyone knows of anywhere i can get it done (prefferably laser engraved) it would be much obliged.

Cheers

laser engraving may be costly, (im guessing you want the metal slide done yes?)

An alternatve may be to find a more traditional who uses hand tools instead (basically looks like a hand held jackhammer with a sharp end)

If you ask in your local key cuttting store they may be able to do it for you, or they might know where will.

I dont know why i didnt mention before either. Look for a shop that does medals and trophies, as they will pretty much always do engraving as well. If you cant find one, either ask a Cadet force (they usually do prizes and they will know where the shops are which engrave names on the trophies) or as mentioned above you can ask at a key cutters if they dont offer it them selfs.

• Supporters

The guys I find usually working at the key cutting type places aren't really the type to get their knickers in a twist over a toy gun. I got a small Spyderco knife done a while back, no issues with that at all. They are usually the sort of hard grafting blokes with paint-stained clothes, rough accents and a lot of experience with tools and old-fashioned metal/wood/leather work in general.

It's going to vary of course, but as long as you take the gun apart as far as you can and only hand over the minimum parts necessary, I doubt it'd be any problem. I remember some years ago I had the gearbox out of a SCAR-L that I needed to take apart but the screws were all torx heads that I didn't have the tools for at the time. Took the gun fully apart and brought just the gearbox down to B&Q inside a bag; nobody saw the thing, but they'd never have known what it was even if they did. Similar thing with a lot of parts, if you fully stripped an AR upper for example, 99.9% of the British public would not know what that random cylinder of metal actually was.

Archived