M4 upgrades??

airsoft_ben_1989
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys, new to the forum and relatively new to airsoft. got my registration now and have ordered a Marui M4 R.I.S which iirc is 280ish fps out of the box. My question is, is it worth getting it uprated to 350fps (at a cost of roughly £50)? What would be the benefits i.e. improved accuracy/range? and are there any drawbacks to upgrading?

I have only played woodland so far and want to try out urban which i know most sites fps limit is lower than that of a woodland but im intending on getting an MP5 or something for urban anyway.

Thanks

• AF-UK Founding Member

The best thing to do is to try it how it is and see if you like it. If you can stick with someone who has upgraded something similar and see if you can notice a difference.. it's hard for us to suggest someone spends that amount when it's really down to personal opinion whether it's worth it or not.

Hope this helps :)

• Supporters

most urban limits are around 330 fps its best to stick under that limit (i.e dont go for bang on 330fps as the fps can be a bit random at the best of times go for something like 320) and theres nothing wrong with a stock marui spring. ;)

Archived