Plate Carrier moves

Pandysec
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I wear a flyye plate carrier, with hydration pack on the back, mag holders on the front etc, but the problem is that it tends to slip backwards, and I have to keep pulling it down my front again.

How do I solve this problem?

• Supporters

Put more weight on the front/less weight on the back

Or try tightening all straps and such so that the rig sits tighter to your body :)

Or if your really struggling make some loops of paracord and tie the vest to your belt at the front :P

• Supporters

I find this a lot with any plate carrier that doesn't have a particularly substantial cummerbund to keep the front and back in sync. Problem usually stems from the fact that RS mags would weigh down the front whereas mags for AEGs are usually pretty light, and the water on your back obviously weighs the same no matter whether you're 'softing or firing real rounds.

So yes, as above really you need to counter that weight somehow by putting more up front. Either that or try a smaller hydro solution like a bottle or 1L (or less) bladder in a pouch on your side.

What about if I buy a molle cummerbund, then use the straps that come with it to secure my vest to it, and my belt holding my trousers up?

See the eBay item number below:

• Supporters

That's a molle belt? A link to your current vest may help us out.

i had the same problem get a bit of cord and wrap it around the front and back of your carrier easy as

Archived