help needed for a beginner

thedukeofgaming
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi i have a friend who is starting airsoft and he asked me which gun would i recommend for a beginner and i am not really sure he says he has a budget of a £150 and i was wondering if you guys on the forum could help point him in the right direction.This little thing caught my eye http://www.onlybbguns.co.uk/jg68-jg-g39-aeg-electric-rifle.html would this be ok for a beginner ?

• Supporters

How old is your friend?

No, don't bother with it, it wont last long and will be next to useless in a game.

For £150, look at the G&G combat machine range in the lower half of this page: http://www.proairsof...at-Machine.html

I'd recommend the same, plus pro airsoft supplies are a good place to buy from. There are a few good classic army and king arms budget guns around as well.

I can't say i'd recommend a combat machine. Long term, when he wants to start upgrading and stuff it will frustrate him that most the gun is made of a cheap plastic. If he likes AR platforms, then I suggest a JG M4 or maybe a JG G36c. They are cheap, reliable and a fantastic upgrade platform once they know what they are doing. I know people who have run these guns without touching the internals, put the guns through hell and back and they still run incredibly. If hecares for AKs, then DBOYS or CYMA is the way to go. Cybergun have rebrands of CYMA, but with french quality control. So that's pretty good too (I have one of them myself.)

I started with JG and it's true they're very good guns to later upgrade. However as far as I was aware they're difficult to obtain after what happened in China and I've hardly seen any for sale over the past few years.

Also I wouldn't put down G&G so easily. Their new guns are miles better than their old ones which were mostly terrible.

Archived