Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Alexb111

Broken link and question about reducing questions..

9 posts in this topic

Hi,

Wasn't sure if I should send a PM or make a topic but I reasoned that it is feedback so here I am.

Just a few quick pointers for the mod/dev team when they find time:

The pinned topic:

"Pinned: READ FIRST

Common questions"

In General Discussion has a broken link and therefore doesn't say anything in case you want to change/delete it. (I assume change to below:)

The new topic of:

"New Player Guides & Info, Please read!"

Under "New Players & Arrivals"

Is there any way to get that to be the very first thing that shows up once you register (register so first time only).

Because while it is pinned and in new players and arrivals lots of new members just post their topic without introduction or anything so will not see it, besides it answers pretty much all the generic questions we seem to get a lot of..

Would save a lot of copy pasting links in or re-typing the same thing when people ask what's the best gun, Sniper or AEG.

Edit: I must admit we do seem to be getting better questions than half a year ago though, these days most are pretty specific.

Every forum has this issue, but thanks for notifying me of the broken link. It should help things along a bit now that is correct.

As you say it has been getting better so I'm reluctant to add it to the registration pages for the moment. Can't help but feel it might seem a little 'pushy'.

Yeah I agree with you on the 'pushy' but (should it come back again) it could be done well if it starts something like:

"Welcome to the forums

New to airsoft? Need advice? -> See Below

Otherwise feel free to continue to the Homepage."

I think It all depends on how its done really but yeah it isn't really bad at all at the moment..

Haha, html coding for the win?

And yeah this was only an Idea I had when I had a proper read through the new post, I also wanted to see if anyone else agreed with me or if I'm slightly mad/overreaction (very probable :P)..

I said pretty much the same thing at one point earlier this year but since then it's not been anywhere near as bad (Dosen't say alot doe's it Dev!)

HTML isn't really 'code' and it isn't as simple as that. When someone registers a lot is going on there, spam checks, adding the user to the database, etc. that doesn't mean changing the location of the next page is hard, but I have to find that code in hundreds of files and hundreds of thousands of lines of code.

It's probably not worth going to the hassle when a lot of people are likely to ignore the topic and will be fully expecting to see the index.