(help) l96 promblem

Smit100345
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

i was changing the spring on my l96 this evening.

everything was fine till i was putting it back together.

the problem is that the trigger assembly pin wont seem to click in.

it goes in but does not take much for it to fall out

any help will be great as i don't want to call off the skirmish i am going to on sunday

• Supporters

What pin are you on about? The one in the front of the trigger, that you need to remove to be able to get the bolt out the gun?

• Supporters

It's the spring guide stopper then. And the reason it's falling out is because you have a shorter/weaker spring in the gun.

Did you cut the spring shorter?

The only options are to get a more powerful/longer spring or to put tape over it, from the top of the bolt housing, round and over the stopper, then back to the bolt housing.

It's the spring guide stopper then. And the reason it's falling out is because you have a shorter/weaker spring in the gun.

Did you cut the spring shorter?

The only options are to get a more powerful/longer spring or to put tape over it, from the top of the bolt housing, round and over the stopper, then back to the bolt housing.

cheers you solve it i was putting a new spring in and ive cut it because it was shooting around 510 fps

good to know noting is wrong with my trigger unit

• Supporters

I had that same problem, apart from I cut it down as was shooting 580 FPS. Cut about 7 coils off, so it's shorter than the cylinder now.

I had that same problem, apart from I cut it down as was shooting 580 FPS. Cut about 7 coils off, so it's shorter than the cylinder now.

i dont think i took that much off so i quite surprised have to put my old much more powerful spring in for this weekend and i will the skirmish site cut it down to the limit :)

Archived