What modular/pouch system is my armour

Dispas
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I picked this up on eBay, its marked as a police utility vest - which I believe it is - but its either a prototype that got chucked, a brief-run replica or its in use by some rural west-lothian style force with a unique system because I've never seen a vest like it before or since.

corr008.jpg

I just want to know if this is a standard pouch connector that airsofters use or if its something unqiue (or as I suspect, the important part has been ripped off and nicked before it was sold to me.

If you can't get a sense of scale, this is the front lower abdomen of the armour and the strips are the height of my hand fingertips to heel.

Essentially a row of the soft half of velcro strips with four male stud connectors. Am I going to be able to buy pouches to fit this or shall I just get a big-Arse strip of spikey sided velcro and improvise?

Looks like the SWAT type mounts that are used on the slightly older SWAT vest in the US. Velcro an press studs to mount panels with various pouchs and thing on them. Pre-MOLLE modular vest.

If it is a early and experimental there is a good chance you will never find pouches for it.

Archived