Moving To The Uk From Canada. Questions!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey everyone. Im and airsofter from alberta , canada. I play with the raat , joc and asc fourm boards/groups. Im moving to the uk here in a couple of months and i wondering whats the rules and reguations to airsoft in the uk. Is there permits to own guns... ect. Also im wondering if i can import my guns i have already to the uk with me. Any feedback/answers would be great.

Thanks

Logan.

You can own them here yes but you need to be either site or UKARA (airsoft retailers organisation) registered. Due to the Violent Crime Reduction Act passed a few years ago we have to have a defence (legitimate reason) to own Realistic Imitation Firearms (covers airsoft guns).

There is no garentee that you will be able to import them. It would be much easier to either sell them all before you emigrate, or leave them with a family member and then get them sent over when you have a valid defence.

There is no easy way around the problem and due to the already shaky hold airsoft has in this country we would like for you not to put it in jeopardy by not knowing the laws involved.

If I were in your situation I would get them sent over after you have a defence for owning them. It is not hard to do, 3 skirmishes at the same site in no LESS than 2 months. Then there would be no problem in you importing your guns.

And needless to say, when you have them sent over - do so by special courier rather than regular frieght or post - and have them completely disassembled. Sending them over as complete guns is a great way to have them completely confiscated.

Inquire at the post office over here when you arrive, they'll probably have the information you need. A customs decleration will definately be needed to be filled in by whomever is posting them or, again, they'll probably be confiscated and that should probably contain whatever information the post office tell you to stick on it.

Forget the batteries as they probably won't work too happily with UK power outputs so its probably worthwhile to pick up some new ones over here.

About taking the guns apart. That isn't needed if you have a valid defence. If when you get them sent over just include your UKARA number and then there is no reason why they can seize them, and if they do they are breaking the law for worngful seizer.

If you are moving to near hampshire there is a great site for you to come too.

Archived