Illegal to Purchase?

Dispas
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

What is the legal status regarding attempting to purchase an AEG RIFs from a store that never asks for site skirmish/UKARA and how does the reporting of offending stores work?

It might be the catch-22 situation, that attempting or succesfully making a purchase (even if just as a test) implicates you in a crime too.

What store are you talking about for one??

And you sould report them to the UKARA who will take it from there

Dont buy from there because it might be a dodgy shop/website

I wouldnt take the chance

But i dont require a UKARA in Jersey becuase we dont have the VCR act over here so i can buy a RiF as long as i am over 18

Thanks

Jack

It's Special airsoft supplies and I've *already* fallen for the trap and he *is* dodgy. I actually bought from there because it was cheap as opposed to not asking for UKARA, my membership at the UCAP site will be compelted in a week and it wasn't a hardship to wait.

Now I feel the idiot.

I've made an appointment to speak to an officer in hampshire about possibly the fruad being criminal law matter rather than civil matter under the advice of a solicitor (free first interviews ftw) but he wasn't sure if I'd be implicating myself in a crime.

I would imagine UKARA already know about SAS, its Mr. Plod who I'd like to alert.

What is the legal status regarding attempting to purchase an AEG RIFs from a store that never asks for site skirmish/UKARA

AFAIK, it's not an offence to buy (or attempt to buy) a RIF without a defence - if you're over 18.

From the VCR Act

Therefore the main restriction is on the sale of realistic imitation firearms

There will inevitably be cases where the Act will either be contravened or ignored. Should any of us be aware of such instances, it is in our own interest to ensure that such acts are brought to the attention of the relevant bodies or authorities and that law-abiding airsofters distance themselves from those involved. Remember - any breaches of the Act are not a simple 'trading standards' issue, they are a criminal act

So in short dont buy form them but insted report them becuase they could pertentually destroy the airsoft license

Archived